Country
Australia

Interceptor777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just changed the 2040 with a fresh one and same issue. Blue, then green flash, then boots into OFW. Did my switch suddenly become unmoddable overnight?

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success, my Mariko has married Picofly :)

I have chosen a different mosfet: IRF8736PBF because it has legs so soldering is much easier.
it looks like this:
View attachment 365542

and in my Mariko switch it looks like this:
View attachment 365543

Datasheet:
View attachment 365544
View attachment 365545

Green LED is coming on the "rp2040 one" in 1 second.
THANK YOU ALL (I've read the whole thread) it is a very hard mod but it is much fun.
Nice work. Were you able to close the shield?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Is this the guide you used? I have noe experience with a heat gun.
If you don't plan to reball the whole emmc chip you don't need the heatgun.
The guy in the video, Sthetix, said it himself that trying to fix the dat0 with heatgun and low melt solder created cracks in the joint afterward.
What you need to do is to properly align the adapter, measure the diode value, once you see that everything is in place apply some more presure to dat0 towards the chip and solder the 2 big anchor points first and then the other 2 points on the side of emmc (careful with those).
Also, once you solder the wire to dat0, use some solder mask to fix the wire in place so you don't yank it while soldering it to pico.

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just changed the 2040 with a fresh one and same issue. Blue, then green flash, then boots into OFW. Did my switch suddenly become unmoddable overnight?
Try to check is there a voltage on the cpu pin when pico is booted.. if not then maybe firmware issue .. if there is a voltage then likely the mosfet has broke. try to replace.

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I’ve installed so far 10-12 picos and I did one on a oled yesterday. Switch glitches fine and works but I’ve noticed 1 out of 30-40 glitches (I test my installs a lot lol) it won’t power on after pressing the power button. I would have to hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to fully power down and then it works fine. Checked all wires, clean flux, etc. not sure what might be causing this weird random no power but again it happens very rarely. Not sure if anyone has come across something like this?
if switch cannot turn on, then most likely the mosfet is stuck on closed state... need to hard reset or you can short the gate with ground to force it to an open state. happen once on me.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
if switch cannot turn on, then most likely the mosfet is stuck on closed state... need to hard reset or you can short the gate with ground to force it to an open state. happen once on me.
If this is the case then soldering a 3k resistor from gate to source will fix the issue permanently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430_131707_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430_131707_Gallery.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 59

str41

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi guys, I've been reading the topic in the last few weeks, and I'm about to start the mod (if the enameled wire finally arrives..).
I have a question about the backup for boot0: I'm not 100% sure what the chip exactly does but I read that the boot0 will be 'dirty' after booting with pico installed, so how safe is to backup? Or is it clean before doing any cfw related things? (I'm planning to do emunand)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys, I've been reading the topic in the last few weeks, and I'm about to start the mod (if the enameled wire finally arrives..).
I have a question about the backup for boot0: I'm not 100% sure what the chip exactly does but I read that the boot0 will be 'dirty' after booting with pico installed, so how safe is to backup? Or is it clean before doing any cfw related things? (I'm planning to do emunand)

It's a cfw thing, plus if the boot table gets corrupted more you have a working point to get back to if that makes sense. its also an anti brick thing

str41

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It's a cfw thing, plus if the boot table gets corrupted more you have a working point to get back to if that makes sense. its also an anti brick thing
Thanks! I know that it's important to be safe in case of a corruption, I just want to create backups which are clean for restore later and also wasn't sure if using emunand affecting sysnand anyway or will I be safe for online access.

Also I have another question: will the emunand be created based on sysnand? Should I remove the currently installed apps (to save space) and saved wifi networks before creating it?

Minkaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I got a weird issued,

1 nintendo switch v2 mariko with 1 mosfet installed after use it for 1 night, next day when it boot it says failed to init micro sd, check 3v3 rail and found a short ic at enxx ic.

Next is nintendo switch lite with 1 mosfet
When I first boot it says failed to init microsd
Same as mariko one. And I found short at enxx ic too.

Another one is
Mario with v2 flex cable everything work fine for 3 days after that it hang and when i restart
It has a boot loop at nintendo switch logo,
Found a problem is when right joy con is attach.
Can’t find any short on the board or I don’t know where but the joy con handshake is not shorted.

Oh the last one patched erista
After sleep and charged for hour after that turn it off and it cannot boot.

The led show purple then try to move wire a little bit and It can boot again. But a problem will come back.

Can anyone help or give any suggestion.

Thanks.

Edit1 : all of them use rp2040 with firmware 2.67

Last edited by Minkaxy,

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi I have problem I get led color white after blue after baby blue sorry my Ingles is cpu mosfet? Problem
Try to extend your solder points like this first.
If it doesn't work, add another mosfet.

Attachments

• 20230427_193844 (1).jpg
    20230427_193844 (1).jpg
    949 KB · Views: 61

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hello guys, check, where do I have to solder the cpu mosfet cable in the hwfly, because I have one, without the flex and I want to use it, regards...

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious