ROM Hack Pokemon Black (Creepy Pokemon Red Hack)

zidanewild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, you can Google Pokemon Black, and you'll discover Nintendo is releasing a Pokemon Black. that's not what this is about.
Google search Pokemon Black Hack, or Pokemon Black Creepy, and you'll get a whole story about how somebody found a Pokemon Red cartridge with a death-theme to it. anyone who mentions anything about a 4-word phrase being in a sentence is an idiot and will jump to conclusions. we either need someone to find the actual hacked game, or end up not finding it. dismissing a story as a hoax is stupid, whether or not it's unbelievable. only after this thread dies after a significant amount of people (I mean like well over 75) bother to try for a couple weeks to dig something up, will it be decided if it's fake, or if it's real. if nothing turns up after all this, it's either fake or people destroyed the only copies out of terror-fueled panic. anyway, get searching.
Pokemon Black starter search

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Was googling for this and I found this creepy youtube video. link. Read the description while you listen. Once finished, read the first letters of each paragraph. Finally go to ~9:00 in the video and read the writing.

zidanewild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, right, I forgot to mention, there's a hack elsewhere floating around the net, it's "Pokemon Black: Palace Edition", or something like that, it's ALSO a Pokemon Red hack, but it's crap, and not the one we're looking for.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Was googling for this and I found this creepy youtube video. link. Read the description while you listen. Once finished, read the first letters of each paragraph. Finally go to ~9:00 in the video and read the writing.
I listened to it, eventually I began reading the description. I got to the part about "something missing" and then, right on cue, the added sound waves popped in. I continued listening until the next distortion and got a surprise from the Unknown.

The part after that actually began to give me chills and raised my heart rate a bit. This is some freaky shit.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what this is, someone explain, I can't read that whole story, too much reading for me. Something in the game about that annoying sound??

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
That YouTube video was only scary!
ohmy.gif
It was a story about a guy and his friend. One day the friend mysteriously dies, and the first guy check his friends computer and finds this creepy mix of Lavender Town song. The creepy part is reading the story while the music goes in the background...

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also remember coming across a pokemon red hack, it was called pokemon knife. Basically you go around pressing select and the sprites disappeared. Nothing creepy happened though. And when killing a main sprite, e.g. Gary, the game freezes. But as I said nothing creepy.

zidanewild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, just got out of contact with a good friend of someone I know, who actually had it a few years back, but due to annual backup-what-you-want/drive formats, he very likely doesn't have it. he says he doesn't remember where he got it, he used google. it'd suck if it used to be hosted on Geocities. but at least there's 1 person who's trustworthy who claims to have had it as an ROM.

D

Deleted-247497

thats actually pretty creepy, and probably quite a difficult hack, done by a very skilled rom editor

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading that wall of text I have to say I don't believe this is true. Too many things happen in the game that act so legit it seems an official of Nintendo made it,which definitely did not happen.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
pokemonsilvercreepypast.png

I really doubt any of these actually exist. Changing resources is one thing, but changing the actual programming in such drastic ways is another entirely. It would take a fuckton of work to do this, these things mentioned are not any normal "hack". If this existed it'd be a huge undertaking, the ROM would be available/archived somewhere. I have searched and no such ROM exists, while many other far less useful/interesting hacks nobody gives a damn about can be found easily.

It's like claiming there's a football event more important than the Super Bowl the big media companies recorded, but having no actual footage of it. No, it's bullshit.

Really interesting stories with a good point, though. The original creator of pokemon wanted it to be more serious where they could die and such, though the anime series didn't go that route... Pokemon Special (the name of a manga) did go his route, though.
QUOTE said:
Also unlike the anime, which has gone to great lengths to indicate the danger of a legendary Pokémon being captured, the main characters of Pokémon Adventures have captured and sometimes use their own legendaries, much as the player can in the games. Pokémon Adventures also contains darker elements than other media, including certain characters and some Pokémon actually dying.
[...]
Pokémon creator Satoshi Tajiri is quoted as stating, "This is the comic that most resembles the world I was trying to convey." Game producer Tsunekaz Ishihara also praises the series, saying, "I want every Pokémon fan to read this comic!"
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_Adventures

D

Deleted-247497

yeah i dont think it exists either, the first thing on google said it might have originated on 4chan, which basically means fake

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Lol ...reading all of you guys' comments made me lolz. This cartridge is in fact true and I used to play it on vba, that old gameboy advance emulator, yar. The game is in fact scary
mellow.gif
at the last part of the game where you see the pokemon and trainers you used "Curse" on with the amazingly well sprited custom pokemon named "Ghost". The Lavender Town music playing at the end while I watched the pokemon and trainers fade, made my heart beat fast as hell. I'm not sure if its still on that forum site I got it from but you can try to find it.

zidanewild

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you remember the site, post a link, or something. don't just say you had it, then leave it at "well, I hope you find it good luck!".

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Read this. It tells you all about it in detail. Then proceed to read the comments, their hilarious. (But completely unrelated)
I read the article and am impressed with the story. I really want to play this.

QUOTE(omgpwn666 @ Aug 1 2010, 07:17 PM) After reading that wall of text I have to say I don't believe this is true. Too many things happen in the game that act so legit it seems an official of Nintendo made it,which definitely did not happen.
Many other rom hacks have had added elements and seemed really legit as well, just look at ShinyGold.
Also, Pokemon Red an Blue weren't exactly the most advanced pieces of code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.