Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Frank975

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Greetings
I need help
I installed rp2040 zero and when I turn on the console after the normal blue led, an orange light appears, what should I check?

FlowerFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah okay then check for soldering bridges

hwfly flex isnt alot easyier then installing mosfets :-)

but better for "unexperienced" people
This is the soldering job. While definitely not the cleanest one, There's a gap for sure between every solder point. Don't think I've shorted anything here.
Is it really possible that a capacitor has blown but everything keeps working flawlessly? I mean, it's an APU capacitor, I would expect it to be fairly important

Attachments

• CM230409-183606003.jpg
    CM230409-183606003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • CM230409-183907004.jpg
    CM230409-183907004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: impeeza and Dee87

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the soldering job. While definitely not the cleanest one, There's a gap for sure between every solder point. Don't think I've shorted anything here.
Is it really possible that a capacitor has blown but everything keeps working flawlessly? I mean, it's an APU capacitor, I would expect it to be fairly important
left cap i guess?
no they are not that improtant afaikbut it there is a short it should be resolved
Post automatically merged:

White can mean a cap blew. It also can be flux that got heated up and evaporated.
really think it can be flux at such a low temp?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
left cap i guess?
no they are not that improtant afaikbut it there is a short it should be resolved

Hmm true, I don't know which component it came from after all. But since everything seem to work?
I personally would look for a damaged component.

FlowerFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
left cap i guess?

I mean, It's all so tiny that it's not so easy to tell where smoke was coming, but the left one definitely looks worse. But there's still an obvious gap, even if little, between the solder points

vvveeee5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can someone tell me what to do? I already get green led, but still boot back to normal. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• VID_20230410_010239.mp4
    44.7 MB

tactical-waffle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey the title for this post says "a hwfly switch modchip" does this just mean i can use instructions for the hwfly like those on the rentry guide.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just got everything installed but instead of booting into hekate I keep getting a yellow led indication.

I believe everything is connected well and tried to change a few solder point for D0 (cuz yellow for bad D0) but I’m getting the same issue.

anything I did wrong?
No idea about the issue itself, but replace your GND wire.. a thick 3.3V wire is no good if the return line (GND) is too thin again.

Reactions: impeeza

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
can we update from 2.5 to 2.61 via hekate with pico toolbox 0.2?
i tried flashing update.bin with toolbox and although it says success, no bootlogo change and toolbox cannot read firmware info. i think i saw bootloader cannot be flashed with toolbox so is this why?

Reactions: impeeza

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
can we update from 2.5 to 2.61 via hekate with pico toolbox 0.2?
i tried flashing update.bin with toolbox and although it says success, no bootlogo change and toolbox cannot read firmware info. i think i saw bootloader cannot be flashed with toolbox so is this why?

No, the upgrade feature was added in the 2.6 version.

Reactions: impeeza and meha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu