Philips CD-i emulation

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you looked into what it would cost to get original hardware? I know emulation will probably work, but I just wanted to make sure you examined all possibilities if need be.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can get nearly the same experience by chugging whisky, beer, and tequila while watching youtube videos of the game.
Having played Faces of Evil I can say that this is mostly true. Actually, you'll probably get more enjoyment out of chugging liquor. And you won't be able to remember any of your playing of the game the next day, which is a good thing.
It wouldn't be a terrible game if it actually controlled properly. It does have some promise to it, but there are certain elements of the controls that just ruin it completely like having to press down+B (IIRC) just to use an item, which if you're standing near a door will make you go through the door instead. But that's not even the main issue, I could look past that if the platforming elements actually worked as intended. But every single part of the platforming feels sluggish, and it really ruins the experience and accuracy.
Not to say I didn't enjoy playing it, it was fun for the first few minutes since I got to experience firsthand a lot of the cutscenes that are commonly used in YTP and similar. And man are they bad :P
They are pretty funny though.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

danyboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this a old thread but still I found the way to load cdi games true es_systems.cfg on the windows version of es. it's documented here https://github.com/danyboy666/es_systems/blob/master/win/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

the bat script isn't needed use
<command>%HOME%\.emulationstation\systems\retroarch\retroarch.exe -L %HOME%\.emulationstation\systems\retroarch\cores\mame_libretro.dll %HOME%\.emulationstation\roms\cdimono1\%BASENAME%.txt</command>

for linux there is no lr_mame.so core i'm not sure which core is equivalent to mame_libretro.dll version of windows but the syntax should be really similar for linux.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...