Gaming Pheonix Downs in FFIII

brn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really love FFIII, I'm about 6-7 hours into the game and I'm about to beat the boss in the Tower of Owen. I have a problem though, the problem is lack of Pheonix Downs. I pretty much used all of them on the Bahamut boss (until I found out fleeing is the only way), thought I'd get to buy some later in the game but now I'm starting to believe you can't. Have I missed something or is the Pheonix Down unbuyable like the Ethers in FFIX? I bet there's some monster that you can get Pheonix Downs by killing it or stealing from it?

Any help would be appericiated
smile.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're correct, you can't buy them. You will commonly find them by searching around towns. The Thief can steal them from Rust Birds. Other than that, you'll have to wait until you can use Level 5 white magic to get Raise. It will bring a party member back to life with some HP. Eventually, you'll get level 8 Arise which restores a party member with full HP.

I'll edit when I remember the name of the mountain pass where you can find Rust Birds.

Edit: The Rust Bids are on Dragon's Peak, near Canaan. And you won't get Raise until Doga's Manor, which is still quite a ways away.

brn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I somehow forgot that White Mages eventually learn reviving skills
tongue.gif

Still some way to go though... Thanks for helping me out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e