Hacking Pesky USB Loader issue

Godinster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USB Loader is being a real cunt. All of the versions, too. I'm running a Seagate 320 GB that supposedly works according to the compatibility list so long as I plug it in after HBC is loaded. I've tried Ultimate, I've tried the 1.5 standard one and a handful of others and none seem to work.

I've done all the little tricks like replugging it in when it does the timer countdown from 30 seconds to reformatting it to NTSC or exFAT then forcing it to WBFS through command line [the program wouldn't do it for me]. After forcing it to format to WBFS, I managed to load and "transfer" some files over through the WBFS manager and it looks fine, but as soon as I load USB Loader from HBC it says partition not found or some such, even though it is partitioned. When I attempt to let it partition it for me, it gives me the -6 error people mentioned earlier except most of them figured out how to fix it - for some reason I'm stuck.

Any ideas? For whatever it's worth I'm running the latest Wii update, I have HBC installed and everything else like WAD installer works fine. I did the cIOS rev10 update prior to this too.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and also if your using an SD card rather than a USB you need to have the app on the SD card and format that certain one, you can't switch SD card's otherwise it will say partion not found...

Godinster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got rev 10 and rev 11 installed, and I'm loading from the SD Card with the USB drive plugged into the Wii. Like the compatibility thing said, I plug it in to the power only after loading HBC. I just once again tried formatting the drive with WBFS Manager, it says success. That being said, whenever I load up any USB Reader, it says it cannot find a USB Mass Storage device. It says this regardless of how it's formatted - NTSC, FAT32, or WBFS.

Maybe my external HD is just completely incompatible.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, sorry then. Never come across this problem so just one last idea, how about re-partitioning your HDD then formatting it using 1.5? I also had a problem on a drive I had Slax installed on (none of the loaders would see my partitions), formatting it with WBFS Manager fixed that one. I guess the loadrs don't like non standard MBRs

Godinster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I even tried that unfortunately. Formatting on WBFS Manager doesn't fix it for me either - says it works and even looks like it does but when I plug it into the Wii and load up USB Loader, it doesn't read it. I've got nothing plugged in aside from it and the AV/Power/Sensor too, so no GC Memory card or anything else that could be causing problems.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how many partitions do you have? try removing them all, make the wbfs partition the first partition of the drive
is it a seagate freeagent go? or just a seagate 320gb

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Slimmmmmm said:
You'd get more help if you posted this in Wii - Backup Loaders. People looking in that sub forum know more about this.
True that
smile.gif

Thread Moved..

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Godinster said:
I've got rev 10 and rev 11 installed, and I'm loading from the SD Card with the USB drive plugged into the Wii. Like the compatibility thing said, I plug it in to the power only after loading HBC. I just once again tried formatting the drive with WBFS Manager, it says success. That being said, whenever I load up any USB Reader, it says it cannot find a USB Mass Storage device. It says this regardless of how it's formatted - NTSC, FAT32, or WBFS.

Maybe my external HD is just completely incompatible.

rev 11 would overwrite 9 and 10so essentially you're just running on 11, which hasnt been released properly yet so will probably have bugs in it.

rev9 is the most stable release at the moment. and from what you're saying, its probably your HDD that just doesnt work...

Godinster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, well maybe it isn't the HDD now. I just tried formatting an 8 GB Flash Drive as WBFS and threw an ISO on there, and I'm getting the same problems as I was on the HDD. It's not finding the device at all - says "mounting" and counts down from 30 to 1, not finding anything.

Gotta be something on the Wii or something else. I just reinstalled cIOS rev 9 once again but it didn't help any, once again.

Edit: After reinstalling cIOS to rev 9 and using USB Loader 1.1, I get a -1 error now about the USB subsys not working or somesuch. Another thread mentioned plugging both a USB Thumb Drive and a USB HDD might work, but same problem.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Godinster said:
Hmm, well maybe it isn't the HDD now. I just tried formatting an 8 GB Flash Drive as WBFS and threw an ISO on there, and I'm getting the same problems as I was on the HDD. It's not finding the device at all - says "mounting" and counts down from 30 to 1, not finding anything.

Gotta be something on the Wii or something else. I just reinstalled cIOS rev 9 once again but it didn't help any, once again.

Going to ask something silly. Did you try using a different USB port on the Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw