Hacking Feedback Persona 5R ReverseNX

vanraz86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was messing around yesterday with P5R REVERSENX (it flags the switch to docked mode in handheld) and found out you can get a sharper, less noisier image without the need to overclock (stock ws 768mhz seem to do nothing at all) . I played the first hour and fps seem smooth.

How can this be? Mind you, I still don't think it's a true 720p but the enhancements in picture quality are definitely there (I switched back and forth Reversenx and there is less aliasing and shimmering, textures and objects seem clearer) .

Reactions: Briglia00

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are some frame drops on the title screen if you use Reverse-NX to docked and don't change handheld GPU and RAM to 460/1600 after you do that there are no drops. Later on in the game I would assume there would be some drops as well.

To answer your question, this game may have conservative resolution targets in both docked and handheld to avoid framerate drops entirely instead of implementing dynamic resolution which it seems like it doesn't have. I reckon someone could make a mod to increase docked resolution to 900p because there seems to be a fair amount of overhead.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why they have frame limiters in most games, so that during graphical intense scenes you won't feel the frame drop and stuttering. The first palace isn't very demanding anyway, wait till you reach later palaces and you'll probably get some frame drop.

Regarding graphics, I set my expectations low but still got a bit disappointed. Texture, shadow and shader quality are a considerable downgrade from the ps4 release. Don't think it's rendering at 720p either, even in docked mode (UI elements yes but 3D scenes definitely not). Everything seems washed out and it feels like I'm playing the original ps3 release, not p5r. Not sure if it's a glitch but some animations seem to be running at very low fps, like saferoom door's texture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...