Persona 3: Portable, Persona 4: Golden, and Persona 5 Royal are all heading to PC and Xbox

Announced during the Xbox Showcase was the partnership between Microsoft and Atlus. Three games are coming over to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, all from the Persona series. Persona 3: Portable, Persona 4: Golden, and even Persona 5 Royal will all be heading to the platform. Persona 5 Royal will be launching first, on October 21st, and will also come to Windows PC. The other two entries will also be on PC as well, with a release timeframe in 2023. All three games will be a part of Game Pass. It's not currently known if these games will be available outside of the Windows storefront for PC.

WaffleRaccoon

Breakcore Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a mega persona fan, I'm super hyped but only for P3 since I beat P4G and P5R. :lol: But the thing is that P3 is coming last and it's the portable version... :wtf:
I wonder why they didn't start with P3 so we all can see how Persona grew hence doing a good job at representing the anniversary. :unsure:
(Fun Fact: P5R comes out on my birthday!:D)

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's been confirmation that this WILL be coming to steam. This is a great day for the deck gang!
My deck is ready although I have to say I’ve had difficulties/inconsistencies with P4G. P3P is easily emulated but hey, I’m happy to actually support them with a copy of it.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
P3 is such a slog that believe me, you’ll be begging for the VN presentation to streamline the school parts.

Also I’d be pissed if they left out all the FeMC songs and content.
they not letting anything out because that fanfic tier content was not in FES
P3P was so much better than P3(FES) gameplay wise, you couldn't even use Direct Command in The Journey (IIRC it was fixed for The Answer). This led to so much AI BS that it was sometimes downright frustrating to play.
a baby dumb-down version bare bones. FES is great legit canon plot more content

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for other store fronts, but if not, i just hope theres a eventual sale to drop the price enough to buy it with a $25 gift card

in other words, most likely never

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What kinda difficulties if i may ask?
The game would launch immediately to either game or proton errors in a message box at first. This happened for something like 5 start ups even after a reinstall. Then, for no discernible reason or action on my part, it worked a day later. The Persona TV section however would still kill it pretty fast. The game is playable for me at the moment but still early chapter.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Eh.
P3P is a lot more dynamic, easier to control, and more welcoming to people in the series.
Ans since it's coming to PC, modders are going to go bonkers anyways, so maybe you'll get P3PFES.
How easy are Game Pass games to mod? I know that, at least in the past, Windows Stores games tended to be rather obfuscated and difficult to mod, so I'm curious about Game Pass, considering they're both from the same overarching company.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im glad these games are finally coming to pc especially when i get the steam deck :). i do wish good luck for switch owners to get more persona games one day.

MahoganyRaichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super-excited about the P5R! I loved the Golden, so I hope I won't de disappointed =) Why is Persona 3 FES better? Haven't touched that part either, just curious=)

3ds1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excited for P5R and getting uncapped frame rate and 4k resolution. Lost all that excitement when P3P is the version they chose to port. Seriously they chose the worse version to port and it's pathetic. A lot of emotion and intensity is lost when in visual novel form and losing the animated cutscene is just bleh. For people who say the VN style is better imagine P4G or P5R in visual novel style and all the exploration of the maps was reduced to just menus. Would that be dynamic or interesting? No it wouldn't and acting like all the detriments P3P has to be ported as the ''superior version'' is just massive denial of how bad and watered down the port was.

What Atlus should've done to celebrate the anniversary and specifically for P3 was port FES with all the changes P3P brought, and to satiate people that like the female protag 🙄have her story from P3P be ported and redo the cutscenes and have her version similar to FES in presentation. That would be a proper port that celebrates the best of both worlds. All this P3P focus port does is spit on the faces of those who prefer the FES version and don't want to play a VN game with dungeon crawling. Plus seeing new Persona fans playing this watered down version of Persona 3 is an insult to the game in of itself.

Rant Over

Reactions: Valwinz

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Excited for P5R and getting uncapped frame rate and 4k resolution. Lost all that excitement when P3P is the version they chose to port. Seriously they chose the worse version to port and it's pathetic. A lot of emotion and intensity is lost when in visual novel form and losing the animated cutscene is just bleh. For people who say the VN style is better imagine P4G or P5R in visual novel style and all the exploration of the maps was reduced to just menus. Would that be dynamic or interesting? No it wouldn't and acting like all the detriments P3P has to be ported as the ''superior version'' is just massive denial of how bad and watered down the port was.

What Atlus should've done to celebrate the anniversary and specifically for P3 was port FES with all the changes P3P brought, and to satiate people that like the female protag 🙄have her story from P3P be ported and redo the cutscenes and have her version similar to FES in presentation. That would be a proper port that celebrates the best of both worlds. All this P3P focus port does is spit on the faces of those who prefer the FES version and don't want to play a VN game with dungeon crawling. Plus seeing new Persona fans playing this watered down version of Persona 3 is an insult to the game in of itself.

Rant Over
are you telling me your not looking forward to a dumb down fanfic tier version of Persona 3 which is an upscale PSP game that looks like this?

FVQX_nZXwAAihWL.jpeg

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7