Permanent 3DS Save Files

D

Deleted-236924

Remember Pokémon Ranger? The very first one?
It didn't let you erase Ranger Net data.
This isn't the first time this happens.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't really mind not having the option to delete my data as I never turn in my games at all.

None of these files are permanent. I know away to delete them easily. This is the same method I used on Mercenaries 3D. All you have to do is eject the cart when the game is saving and it corrupts the save. Upon rebooting the game it will delete the corrupt save and you can start from scratch! So no such thing as non-erasable game saves!

One word of warning as I don't know if that can mess up your cart or not.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I bought this game on release day but so far haven't even done a mission (Zelda lol) anyway can't they make some AR device to wipe saves? I remember I had to do it on one of the GBA Castlevanias or Mega Mans, might have even been pokemon *shudders*

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
KingVamp said:
What make you think the 3ds is the only thing that games has unnecessary stuff such as no reset?
This shit pretty much only happens on Nintendo consoles because the save is located on the cart not the system it self.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Remember Pokémon Ranger? The very first one?
It didn't let you erase Ranger Net data.
This isn't the first time this happens.
Yeah but the reason this is a big deal is because people are scared that it will become a larger trend this time around.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
DxEggman said:
How dare video game companies try to make money?!
They make money on the first sale, babe.

It's not nobody's fault yo, that they games be all whack, yo dawg.

Hanketsu7787

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
To all the people saying it is not a big deal, I can explain why it is. First off, consider the fact that not all of us have parent funds, like me. I have to work to buy myself things. THUS! If I can get something for less than the retail price I will. That's where used goods come in. HOWEVER! If I choose to buy a used game, I would like to be able to show off MY OWN accomplishments in the game, NOT some other person accomplishments. WHY? Because I worked hard to get that high score. ALSO! if I have my own data on there I can either A: thrive to top my own score or B: compare it with a friends or C: do both at the same time. Another scenario. Imagine that you picked up a Pokemon game used. You go home and pop it in. There is already a save file in there. Whoever had it before you has already beaten the game, completed the pokedex 100% and raised all of his pokemon to Level 100. Normally one would delete the game. BUT WAIT! Gamefreak has decided that you can't do that anymore. YOU JUST WASTED YOUR HARD EARNED PAY. The game is now a trophy case of some other guy you will probably never meet. See, it would be different if I say..... signed a EULA saying that I'm basically renting your system/game from you *cough*Sony*cough*
hateps3.gif
, But I didn't. FINAL SCENARIO. I beat a game. I don't wanna sell it and maybe i want to give to a friend or my little brother so he can experience the game too, and maybe show and/or interact with others how either do or do not have the game. UH OH! I can't delete the file. So now they would have to go buy it new but they don't have the money to. Well there we go. We all just lost. End of story, We all cannot afford to buy a new game and even though we may not have the money to buy it used, we all SHOULD have the ability to show off OUR accomplishments and trade goods without any form of hampering. NO ONE signed an EULA with said violators when they bought the game. And that folks, is my 2 cents.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hanketsu7787 said:
To all the people saying it is not a big deal, I can explain why it is. First off, consider the fact that not all of us have parent funds, like me. I have to work to buy myself things. THUS! If I can get something for less than the retail price I will. That's where used goods come in. HOWEVER! If I choose to buy a used game, I would like to be able to show off MY OWN accomplishments in the game, NOT some other person accomplishments. WHY? Because I worked hard to get that high score. ALSO! if I have my own data on there I can either A: thrive to top my own score or B: compare it with a friends or C: do both at the same time. Another scenario. Imagine that you picked up a Pokemon game used. You go home and pop it in. There is already a save file in there. Whoever had it before you has already beaten the game, completed the pokedex 100% and raised all of his pokemon to Level 100. Normally one would delete the game. BUT WAIT! Gamefreak has decided that you can't do that anymore. YOU JUST WASTED YOUR HARD EARNED PAY. The game is now a trophy case of some other guy you will probably never meet. See, it would be different if I say..... signed a EULA saying that I'm basically renting your system/game from you *cough*Sony*cough*
hateps3.gif
, But I didn't. FINAL SCENARIO. I beat a game. I don't wanna sell it and maybe i want to give to a friend or my little brother so he can experience the game too, and maybe show and/or interact with others how either do or do not have the game. UH OH! I can't delete the file. So now they would have to go buy it new but they don't have the money to. Well there we go. We all just lost. End of story, We all cannot afford to buy a new game and even though we may not have the money to buy it used, we all SHOULD have the ability to show off OUR accomplishments and trade goods without any form of hampering. NO ONE signed an EULA with said violators when they bought the game. And that folks, is my 2 cents.

This topic is turning so stupid and useless ( not that it was very useful to begin with ), what if....what if.........Sounds like this is the end of the industry for some folks here....
I'm sorry you cannot afford to buy new games.
Does it mean you ALWAYS buy used ? If so, then game companies never,ever saw a cent from you, and they rightfully don't give a rat's ass about you. Because practically you don't exist. You are a voice that won't be heard, no matter how hard you try.
What are you gonna do, stop buying used games ? Or all games altogether ? Imagine how scared are this companies to lose you as a "customer" , since they don't make any profit from you anyway.
People should stop whining, and buy more new games to support the industry.
My 2 cents.

D

Deleted User

Hanketsu7787 said:
To all the people saying it is not a big deal, I can explain why it is for me. First off, consider the fact that not all of us have parent funds, like me. I have to work to buy myself things. THUS! If I can get something for less than the retail price I will. That's where used goods come in. HOWEVER! If I choose to buy a used game, I would like to be able to show off MY OWN accomplishments in the game, NOT some other person accomplishments. WHY? Because I worked hard to get that high score. ALSO! if I have my own data on there I can either A: thrive to top my own score or B: compare it with a friends or C: do both at the same time. Another scenario. Imagine that you picked up a Pokemon game used. You go home and pop it in. There is already a save file in there. Whoever had it before you has already beaten the game, completed the pokedex 100% and raised all of his pokemon to Level 100. Normally one would delete the game. BUT WAIT! Gamefreak has decided that you can't do that anymore. YOU JUST WASTED YOUR HARD EARNED PAY. The game is now a trophy case of some other guy you will probably never meet. See, it would be different if I say..... signed a EULA saying that I'm basically renting your system/game from you *cough*Sony*cough*
hateps3.gif
Fixed your argument. On another note: Do you really think there'll be an adventure or RPG type game which can be played only once? I mean, do you seriously believe that's what's going to happen? Also, you can't give this game away for free, because you can't delete the save file on an arcade game?! That's ... why can't they experience an arcade game if your save file is on there? That would be like saying, playing games in an actual arcade was pointless because it wasn't your highscore you tried to beat.

I get that you're upset (which is your right), but it's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

QUOTE(Arm73 @ Jul 6 2011, 05:55 PM) [...]
People should stop whining, and buy more new games to support the industry.
My 2 cents.
I second that!

D

Deleted_11405

so the saving is no more in games and they only count to start what happened in the end described in the game's stats log how far you are. well if so they mess up a big part of play games. you can play game and take a mission in a video, and they wont make any chance they got involved if people do crazy things to get it related to avoid claimes. make one gameway into a game and reverse it to avoid to tell games and rules in busynes don't want to see themself as right. well the news about this is so mediocre to give it a good score. its the news of before the millenium i heard and it keeps coming back to tell the way of rules changed or trying to show how it sucks when it spits out the machine of the media-game-industry. thinking of having a new game to play and right before a little suggestion in you head start letting know to make a save, because you start getting into it you feel fried with your hands of you handheld, and have to choose what to think more: feels fried or about eastereggs? the difference is maybe to find out the beginners trick for gamers to find the best learning curve for how long you put time to play. it is really a challenge what is a simple game from the past and the games of today like that's hard to count, or put on the counting with this. it's just my comment on my capcom's, not my idea my my till so far maybe take some samples of that bunch of games and say, to far a new episode but not like stories like so many people tryout. i would take some words and say for sure not say easy to like resident evil going as always and supermonkeyball? monkey around like that with a timesplitter's monkeyassistent mode perhaps on auto, the demo replay

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To all the people saying buy new games to support the industry... What about several years down the line, when the 3DS is a generation or two old? Let's take an example. I've been recently picking up numerous SNES and N64 games I missed as a kid. Take Kirby Super Star. A SNES game with a "Permanent Save" of sorts. I was able to erase the save by removing the internal battery (I replace the batteries of all old games I buy).
However, in, say, 10 years, I would not be able to buy a 3DS game with permanent saves and do the same, and as my life looks lately I very well might end up missing out on the 3DS.

So what of people who missed out on the system and want to play the games years down the line? Sure you can pirate, but some of us like owning actual hard copies of our games.

jivid321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think they should allow save file deletion...
Its an important part of a game. It makes the game more worth it.
You can play the game more than once from the start. (I used to do this on New Super Mario Bros.)
yaynds.gif

Is this an attack for flashcart developers? or is it just to remove the 'trade-ins' option?

Anyways save file deletion will probably be a feature in a 3DS-ready flashcart. This will help pick up flashcart sales...

D

Deleted User

Supreme Dirt said:
To all the people saying buy new games to support the industry... What about several years down the line, when the 3DS is a generation or two old? Let's take an example. I've been recently picking up numerous SNES and N64 games I missed as a kid. Take Kirby Super Star. A SNES game with a "Permanent Save" of sorts. I was able to erase the save by removing the internal battery (I replace the batteries of all old games I buy).
However, in, say, 10 years, I would not be able to buy a 3DS game with permanent saves and do the same, and as my life looks lately I very well might end up missing out on the 3DS.

So what of people who missed out on the system and want to play the games years down the line? Sure you can pirate, but some of us like owning actual hard copies of our games.
While I agree that it's not an optimal solution you can always get an NDS Adapter Plus (or any other device), which supports save file manipulation on the actual cartridge to erase the save. There's always a catch with old games, at least you don't have to worry about batteries any more. Your example also shows that game developers have been doing things like this before and it never became a trend, so I doubt that it'll become one this time.

machomuu said:
QUOTE(Arm73 @ Jul 6 2011, 11:55 AM) People should stop whining, and buy more new games to support the industry.
My 2 cents.
funny thing is, that's usually the argument against piracy.
From a company's point of view there's no difference in not getting money because of pirated games or not getting money because of used games.
wink.gif

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supreme Dirt said:

If you want something that much, don't wait that long.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
It's great that developers didn't implement self destructive mechanism which ejects game and is burning them to the ash.

PS GO - bad idea for selling games and consoles
3DS saves - worst than Go

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
KingVamp said:
What make you think the 3ds is the only thing that games has unnecessary stuff such as no reset?
This shit pretty much only happens on Nintendo consoles because the save is located on the cart not the system it self.
I meant not just this. Like passes to online. A pass for online, really? What kinda nonsense is that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game