People who use loose instead of lose

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I could of noticed this but I didn't.
Perhaps it would of annoyed me, but I don't see people using loose instead of lose often.
If there is one thing in the other hand that might of been giving me headaches,
it is native speakers that don't know how to write things in fucking past perfect tense!

Sincerely yours,
SarkW

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Hayleia and Seliph

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I could of noticed this but I didn't.
Perhaps it would of annoyed me, but I don't see people using loose instead of lose often.
If there is one thing in the other hand that might of been giving me headaches,
it is native speakers that don't know how to write things in fucking past perfect tense!

Sincerely yours,
SarkW
Cloud of smoke and he appears,
The master of surprise.
Who's that cunning mind behind
That shadowy disguise?
Nobody knows for sure,
But bad guys are out of luck.

Cause here comes. Darkwing Duck.
Look out! When there's trouble you call DW.
Darkwing Duck. Let's get dangerous.
Darkwing Duck. Better watch out, you bad boys.
Darkwing Duck!

Reactions: sarkwalvein

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lest I lose the ability to loose the losers while I go in search of a shop that sells loosies I had better line up a limerick some weak 'literation using lose and loose.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My personal pet peeve is when people refer to other people as "that" instead of "who." For example:

"My friend who went to the garage sale" vs. "My friend that went to the garage sale."
Pretty sure that should actually be whom since your friend is an object in that sentence.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately, native English speakers often seem worse at the language than others who made an effort to learn English afterwards. Perhaps the natives take it for the granted, or many of them are stupid, or they didn't listen in school.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, native English speakers often seem worse at the language than others who made an effort to learn English afterwards. Perhaps the natives take it for the granted, or many of them are stupid, or they didn't listen in school.
I'd wager a lot of them are stupid. Not a lot of English speakers, but the ones who mistake to, too, and two and their, they're and there constantly. It's the wilfully ignorant ones that get mad when you correct them that piss me off though.

Some things are confusing though because you can be taught something and then taught the opposite later. Like in the first or second grade I was taught not to use commas before the word "and" in lists. Later on (either grade 7, 8, or 9) I was taught that it is okay to do. So I do both sometimes.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd wager a lot of them are stupid. Not a lot of English speakers, but the ones who mistake to, too, and two and their, they're and there constantly. It's the wilfully ignorant ones that get mad when you correct them that piss me off though.

Some things are confusing though because you can be taught something and then taught the opposite later. Like in the first or second grade I was taught not to use commas before the word "and" in lists. Later on (either grade 7, 8, or 9) I was taught that it is okay to do. So I do both sometimes.
Talking about using comma before and in lists, I wonder where does it come from.
I used not to put a comma before and, and I think it is the American way of doing it, but later here in Europe I see in scientific papers it is customary to put a comma before and. I think perhaps this is related to British English, but as I said... I wonder.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Talking about using comma before and in lists, I wonder where does it come from.
I used not to put a comma before and, and I think it is the American way of doing it, but later here in Europe I see in scientific papers it is customary to put a comma before and. I think perhaps this is related to British English, but as I said... I wonder.
I know when reading lists sometimes there's a bit of a pause before and. Maybe that's part of it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw