Gaming people who have cfw do you even buy stuff of eshop any more

Potatosalad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Only buy physical when i think the game is good enough,after all i use USA region and im from indonesia,so i can't use credit card to purchase thing from e-shop

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the E-shop has always been a pain in the ass to use. Plus I have multiple systems and buying a game to have it be locked to only that system is just retarded... Its kinda funny when you look at the fact that Sony's account system works so well that I constantly fear getting banned on my Cfw PS3 or my HENkaku Vita but never once have I feared getting banned on 3DS xD

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only cons with piracy is its illegal and you probs won't get a new game day 1 with it
Haha more like we get it 3 or 4 days BEFORE day-1 lol I certainly buy as many games as I can but the sad truth is piracy allows games to have longevity outside of said company's account systems. 10 or 15 years from now Nintendo will probably be like "Nope we are shutting doen the E-shop, bye bye all those DL only games! (As they flush the toilet and Ace Attorney-Duel Destinies circles the drain"

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha more like we get it 3 or 4 days BEFORE day-1 lol I certainly buy as many games as I can but the sad truth is piracy allows games to have longevity outside of said company's account systems. 10 or 15 years from now Nintendo will probably be like "Nope we are shutting doen the E-shop, bye bye all those DL only games! (As they flush the toilet and Ace Attorney-Duel Destinies circles the drain"
the wii shops not even down yet

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yeah, to put it on the Title Key database. Other than that I only buy games on cartridges, since I think digital downloads have no value whatsoever. Try lending a game from eShop to a friend, for example. If you can't do with it what you want you don't own it. Fuck that DRM'ed, non-transferable crap with a huge pinecone.

Reactions: Deleted User

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
thiing is i hope pokemon sun and moon gets leaked like a week before the release date so i can play the game before most players

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wii shops not even down yet
Yes but that's because of the WiiU. Nintendo basically just re-released the same system with a few more bells and whistles. They shut down the DS network a few years back and now people cant play DS games online or unlock DLC like in the Professor Layton games. You just never know when they will eventually pull the plug

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but that's because of the WiiU. Nintendo basically just re-released the same system with a few more bells and whistles. They shut down the DS network a few years back and now people cant play DS games online or unlock DLC like in the Professor Layton games. You just never know when they will eventually pull the plug
well theres always fan made servers like people still play mario kart wii because of that

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well theres always fan made servers like people still play mario kart wii because of that
Haha yes but your not understanding. Its inevitable that a company is going to shut down servers over time whether it be 10 years or 20. Somewhere down the line the only way you will be able to play some of these games is with a modded system and "piracy" or if its a physical cart then pay inflated prices from collectors.

Last edited by VincentBeasley,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha yes but your not understanding. Its inevitable that a company is going to shut down servers over time whether it be 10 years or 20. Somewhere down the line the only way you will be able to play some of these games is with a modded system and "piracy"
all the eshop games will be dumped and be on that iso site if you ever want to play them and by that time the 3ds emulator will also be way more stable like i have gameboy advance emulators and roms because i have no gameboy to play it on since it broke emulators and piracy save old games since all the game boys in the world will one day break and with gbc games like pokemon they have a battery in them once they go dead you will no longer be able to save

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the eshop games will be dumped and be on that iso site if you ever want to play them and by that time the 3ds emulator will also be way more stable
Yes that's precisely the point of my first post. See below:

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well the only thing im conserened with piracy is getting fined lots of money i know only torrenters only really get caught because of trackers with torrents and stuff

Last edited by hacksn5s4,
D

Deleted User

well the only thing im conserened with piracy is getting fined lots of money i know only torrenters only really get caught because of trackers with torrents and stuff
You're a lot less likely to get caught if you don't upload and seed.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been doing it for years and I'm fine lol I hope no one does get fined though. I love playing my original GBC =] but your right cartridge based games are like ticking time bombs

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been doing it for years and I'm fine lol I hope no one does get fined though. I love playing my original GBC =] but your right cartridge based games are like ticking time bombs
with gen 3 they don't used batterys for saves but rse use them for clock based events and it means the pokedex cannot be completed because of shoal cave

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You're a lot less likely to get caught if you don't upload and seed.
yeah you don't have to torrent you can use mega instead my internet isn't super fast so it would not benefit from torrenting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative