Hacking PegaSwitch 3.0, libtransistor, and more

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
I mean, ultimately what you get if you exploit/hack a Switch is a portable Shield TV. So most anything that can be done on that can be done on Switch. Unless there are exploits for later firmwares, though, I don't see the point in it. What updated Switch has to offer is way better than Android-based emulators and apps.
You are right. While i see big potential in the switch, good homebrews wont come in the next few months.
Save Backup? Nice to have, but if you replace your Switch because of a failure you cant restore it because your Version is newer.
Cheats? Nice to have, but many people like to play games without.
Emulators? No arguments against it, It's sure something awesome to have for a portable console but it will be limited.

Thought long enough if i want to stay und 3.0.0. I, for myself, don't see anymore reasons to stay.

oh and ib4 pirating. Buhuuu

Reactions: HotShotAzn

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
We are in for a treat, my friend :)

Btw, I wanted to ask you @SciresM, what would you recommend users below 3.0.0 to do?
For example, I am in 2.2.0 right now, what would be the best option for me to do?

Stay on 2.2.0, or update to 3.0.0 with Pokken DX or any 3.0 update game?
would love to know this too, if it is an abosulte necessity then i will go ahead and order Pokken. ( i believe the US version of Pokken will also have the 3.0.0 update in the cartridge?)

Reactions: peteruk

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I setup PegaSwitch as DNS does it automaticly block Updates or DNS Pega Switch and Proxy Update Blocker?

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So TC, how soon do you expect an update blocker to be out? I'm tempted to keep my switch at 3.0 now for this and maybe even jump into development (albeit I'd mostly be a beta tester) but I also want some upcoming games.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So TC, how soon do you expect an update blocker to be out? I'm tempted to keep my switch at 3.0 now for this and maybe even jump into development (albeit I'd mostly be a beta tester) but I also want some upcoming games.

You're either updating or you're not playing those games. Nothing to block, the cart and/or eShop won't work.

Reactions: Daeken

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I’m worried about is Nintendo putting a higher firmware on games carts that’s are now 3.0 .. later 3.1 +

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I started PegaSwitch and set the DNS to my Computer, Switch just tell me, that there was a error in Data-Transmission. So any Idea? Pega-Switch "GUI" dont show anything.

HotShotAzn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right. While i see big potential in the switch, good homebrews wont come in the next few months.
Save Backup? Nice to have, but if you replace your Switch because of a failure you cant restore it because your Version is newer.
Cheats? Nice to have, but many people like to play games without.
Emulators? No arguments against it, It's sure something awesome to have for a portable console but it will be limited.

Thought long enough if i want to stay und 3.0.0. I, for myself, don't see anymore reasons to stay.

oh and ib4 pirating. Buhuuu

This is so true. Years ago when I had the original PSP, homebrew was awesome so that I could have emulators, etc. With the proliferation of smart phones and cheap tablets, I don't really see the point besides Save Backup.

Reactions: DarkIrata
D

Deleted-355425

I'm assuming the guy meant if it's possible N would re-issue Pokken down the line with a 3.01+ update on it and catch out late comers.
I highly doubt that would happen.

They did with wii u splatoon.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my pokken game yesterday. I don't want to take any chances. Can't wait until we start seeing some good stuff (Yes, we can!). RetroArch is on the top of my list. Not because I need it but because it's too cool not to have on the Switch. Meanwhile I'm buying anything I want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol