Homebrew PCHex - Homebrew PKHex

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
whew... the controls of this are frustrating
with start sending you out of some of the menues, exiting out of the pokemon without saving and exiting the program without saving. i keep throwing away edits by accident

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I have converted it into 3ds, but cia converting failed.
same as the PHBank

I don't think .3ds or .cia could work. Since both of these two tools need to load a selected title first.

the problem i have is i want to trade my shiny Kadabra which i found with someone so they trade back.. but 1st i want to make a backup of the Kadabra.

this is a legit game im playing by emuNAND classic mode.

Ninjahax or Ironhax doesnt work in classic mode in the latest emuNAND.

any solution?

Last edited by Flame,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the problem i have is i want to trade my shiny Kadabra which i found with someone so they trade back.. but 1st i want to make a backup of the Kadabra.

any solution?
legit cartridge?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

any solution?
or u can use sdf export profile then send to pc, then use pkhex to make a clone...

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any plan on allowing editing of something else than PC ?

I was just thinking that there are some things in PKHex's trainer info tab that could be useful and easily implemented in PCHex: cash, Pokemiles, Battle Points, language/country/region/3DSregion and Vivillon, mainly.

Of course, Bag or Wondercards editing would be great too, but I think these could be harder to get working^^

Last edited by supercarotte,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any plan on allowing editing of something else than PC ?

I was just thinking that there are some things in PKHex's trainer info tab that could be useful and easily implemented in PCHex: cash, Pokemiles, Battle Points, language/country/region/3DSregion and Vivillon, mainly.

Of course, Bag or Wondercards editing would be great too, but I think these could be harder to get working^^
/country/region/3DSregion these three info go back to whatever your 3ds has when the next time u saved the game

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
/country/region/3DSregion these three info go back to whatever your 3ds has when the next time u saved the game
You're right ! Didn't think this through but actually language is the only of these 4 that matter. I'm tired of having to use svdt then ftbrony then pkhex then ftbrony then svdt when I just want to change the game's language^^

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you should make it so you can store the mons on a server in case sd card gets courrpted and so you can gen Pokemon and send them to pkbank

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe you should make it so you can store the mons on a server in case sd card gets courrpted and so you can gen Pokemon and send them to pkbank
Maintaining a public server has a cost, you know ? Don't think the creator of PCHex would do this.
And afaik, sending data to Nintendo's PKBank servers beside through the pkbank app isn't possible because traffic has to be encrypted with Nintendo's security key which we obviously don't have.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're right ! Didn't think this through but actually language is the only of these 4 that matter. I'm tired of having to use svdt then ftbrony then pkhex then ftbrony then svdt when I just want to change the game's language^^
3ds region also matter... for pgl code generation and pokemon distribution.
country and region only affect the in game pokemon region

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in fact, i am working on an update that would use heliohost, a (crappy) free hosting service to create our own pokebank. hopefully strack can help with this, although I already have the program reading data from websites. i chose heliohost because its free, allows for ruby (my language of choice), and whenever I try to access my aws website from my DS it just gives me CORS errors for not being a computer, whereas heliohost is cheap and has no CORS protection.

the trouble is, with a pokebank there would have to be logins. I wouldn't want to add this to opening the program by default, just if you chose to use the pokebank tab. I'm calling it PokeLocker. Logins would allow you to access your locker from different DSs, perhaps it could also have a sort of GTS to allow for trading, although I doubt this would be a popular option due to the fact that you could already MAKE any pokemon using this program.

a GTS would allow us, using some kind of administration system, to collectively build a database of Pokemon known to be tradable via the GTS in the actual game. dadadadada... this is all just theory all I have now is the word 'hello' from my webpage appearing on my DS which has made me very proud.

Last edited by omikes,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i
Maintaining a public server has a cost, you know ? Don't think the creator of PCHex would do this.
And afaik, sending data to Nintendo's PKBank servers beside through the pkbank app isn't possible because traffic has to be encrypted with Nintendo's security key which we obviously don't have.
i though this was the pkbank thread i was meaning to post it there

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really love this piece of software and love the idea. As i understand OP has some trouble updating it and wanted to restart it from scratch. I browsed the source code and there are some fantastic ideas nobody wants to lose.

If OP gives me permission i would love to try to restart it from scratch using a more solid approach which would make it easily updatable (oop programming? More readable code? There is a lot of room for improvement) this is really useful and doesn't deserve to be abandoned.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really love this piece of software and love the idea. As i understand OP has some trouble updating it and wanted to restart it from scratch. I browsed the source code and there are some fantastic ideas nobody wants to lose.

If OP gives me permission i would love to try to restart it from scratch using a more solid approach which would make it easily updatable (oop programming? More readable code? There is a lot of room for improvement) this is really useful and doesn't deserve to be abandoned.
If anyone wants to help, I'll direct you to the github repo
I believe that means you can :D and please do!

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If anyone wants to help, I'll direct you to the github repo
I believe that means you can :D and please do!

I've already browsed the source code on github. My original plan was to add a gui to the existing code but i realized that it needs some refactoring. I have a free weekend, i'll see what i can do. I hope it is not a problem for @Stracker. With that work done it will be easier to make progress and for others to contribute.

Reactions: BurningDesire

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually need a savefile from ORAS from someone fairly advanced into the game for debugging purposes, dumped with savedatafiler. I will not have access to my 3ds tp dump it myself until tomorrow and wanted to start working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game