Gaming Pc Games.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm getting a new PC for my Christmas along with a few other stuff. I want to get into PC Gaming because i cant right now with the heep of shit my current computer is. I cant tell you the Specs of the new computer as i have get to pick it, expect Specs of a £200 up to £300 computer.

I want to know some of the best PC Games available and what Specs you need.

I notice The Orange Box requires not much power.

When it comes to PC Games, it is always about the Graphics card?

by the way, It is to early to pick of the games since i don't know the computers specs?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
200-300 will not get you a top of the line computer, you can expect to pay anywhere from half that money to 2/3s of it just on a gfx card alone, then you want memory and a decent cpu to boot, plus motherboard etc.

Games today are relying on cpu as well as graphics, so if you are serious about pc gaming you're looking at dual or quad core cpu, amd3000 series or geforce 8 series gfx, and a fair amount of ram

EDIT: With regards to games, just doa google for Unreal Tournament 3, Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Stranglehold and check out the specs

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how much computers are in the UK, but here in the US you can buy a computer for about $400 and it'd be able to play most games at moderate graphical settings.

It'd be better if you make it though, especially since a lot of the time factory-made computers are hard to upgrade (no free slots, proprietary screws, etc.) From my experience.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
200-300 will not get you a top of the line computer

I'm not looking for a top of the line computer.

well for 300 quid you're still looking at a PC that plays games at low settings on something like Crysis, UT3 scales fairly well, you're also looking at least 2GB of RAM - even if you're not looking for top of the line, you may need to be more flexible with how much you spend. Are you thinking of a whole system with that money?

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know how much computers are in the UK, but here in the US you can buy a computer for about $400 and it'd be able to play most games at moderate graphical settings.

It'd be better if you make it though, especially since a lot of the time factory-made computers are hard to upgrade (no free slots, proprietary screws, etc.) From my experience.

No. By Moderate you mean Low at 800x600 right? because a 400$ PC won't run ANYTHING new with decent settings/framerates.

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Orange Box
Neverwinter Nights (the original, with both expansions)
Civilization 3 (with both expansions)
Unreal Tournament 2004

There's a few excellent games that should run in any case.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
200-300 will not get you a top of the line computer

I'm not looking for a top of the line computer.

Are you thinking of a whole system with that money?

o_o Of course!

If you're genuine about the price mark you talk of, that's not gonna build you a games machine that will be only capable of playing games in low settings in low resolutions with regards to new games. New games recommend at least 1-2GB in RAM alone. you could get a single core 3GHz CPU from Intel for example, a very basic motherboard, let's say you get a gig of RAM, you'll probably want a tower case as well, new hdd or will be using existing hardware in the new machine? DVD-ROM or DVD Writer as well. With 200-300 quid you could build yourself a PC that can play old games without problem, and low settings with new games.

You could save that money and build upon it by saving more money and then build a decent gaming system. You're probably looking at least £500 for a system that will play new games in low-medium settings

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ boxed
2x 1gig DDR2 677mhz stick
320gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 HDD.
Asus motherboard (~70£)
Asus GeForce 7600GS (PCI-E)
Fortron (or some other big brand) power 400w
Cheap case with 120mm fan slots.
1x 120mm case fan.

You're looking at a decent gaming computer for £400-£500.

This is, without a display. Or keyboard. Or mouse.

For 200-300, use a Sempron, a single gig stick, a 7300 card and possibly a 120gig hdd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...