PayPal

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I decided that now that I'm on my own and etc, getting my dad to buy things for me by giving him money and him doing it is STILL relying on him, so I said "fuck it". I'll do it myself.

I successfully manged to link my PayPal to my bank account, only to find out that after trying to make a purchase, I STILL need to input a credit card as a "backup payment source." (Yeah, 'cause I'm trying to buy shit from my debit with insufficient funds. Good one, PayPal.) It says "Input a Credit, or Debit card for backup payment." And then it asks me for expiry dates and credit card info. I'm like "Wait, didn't you say credit OR debit?" So I'm fucking confused, I linked my paypal to my bank account so avoid having to get a credit card to buy shit online, ONLY to find out that I STILL need a fucking credit card?!

Someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong, and if I am, PLEASE tell me what I'm DOING wrong because I'm super fucking mad.

thx, luv u guyz.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
When I linked my bank account to my PayPal I still didn't need to put my debit card, but I needed to call my bank to make A TRANSFER to Paypal's account rather then paypal requesting a pay-check
Btw: for a company that takes so much money from the second party, PayPal is a serious fail

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, PayPal kind of blows. This is what I get:

"Your recipient requires instant payments. To pay instantly from your bank account BMO Chequing (Confirmed) -MY BANK NUMBER HERE-, simply link a debit or credit card as a backup payment source. We'll charge this card only if your bank payment can't be processed."

What was the fucking point, then?! I did this so I DIDN'T have to get a credit card. And It wont let me input my debit card, 'cause my debit card is with BMO, and the cards listed are Visa, MasterCard, and Amex. Those aren't even fucking debit cards?!

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no those are credit cards which means your probably still under the "credit card" option look around the page and try changing it to Debit card (haven't used PayPal in awhile)

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah, I found out, they do mean debit cards but they have to be "International" debit cards, which have the Visa, MasterCard, or Amex logo on them.

F my life.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think they have those around here, I've never seen one to be honest. The only one's I've seen need to be ordered online and shit. Anyway, the thing is my purchase comes to 25.03, so that's 3 cents over which I'm guessing actually matters. Lol.

Whatever, my dad said he'll just do it for me, so I'm gonna' send him the money, and in the future I'll just get that super awesome BMO pre-paid credit card.

It's super dope, apparently you pay 9.95$ and it lasts for 3 years with absolutely NO charges or anything AND transferring money from your bank account to it is INSTANT.

BMO = The Shit.

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a debit card and i set this up when i was 16 with paypal:

1) Link your Bank
2) Link your card
3) Verify everything eg. home address, phone number etc.
4) ???
5) Profit

Naa but seriously do the first 3 steps and your sorted to use paypal, you don't need to have any funds in your account to use it. Your paypal account and bank account will be used as primary funds and your card will be the secondary funds (Step 1-3 will take several days). This is really stupid as the stuff i use (have more then 1 bank) my debit card is directly linked to the bank account so if 1 fails they'll both fail lol.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow managed to get Paypal to link with my bank account, with the backup option set to the debit card that was linked to that same bank account. Not sure how I managed that.

Nevertheless, I would see if it's possible to get a credit card, depending on your age of course. Always good to have something with which to get your credit score boosted. You'll need it eventually.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Umm...

For me I set up my Paypal to link my banking account only. I didn't input any info regarding debit card or credit card. What I do is I request money from my banking account to Paypal. Once it Paypal has the money I will then make the purchase. From what I heard if you use debit card or credit card Paypal will use cash advance, charging you more fees than necessary.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Honestly, I just used my debit to link to the "Credit" part. You're making it harder than it actually is. :/
lol

Not sure if you mean OP or me. I personally don't like debit or check card. They took money from you immediately (in other words, 100% access to your account) and you can't dispute it should something goes wrong.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know. I tried inputting my Debit card in the credit section, but. . my debit card doesn't have a 3 digit code OR an expiration date.

Either way, I'm happy; I transferred the $$$ to my dad, and it's a good thing he did: what I bought, there was only one available (I wasn't aware), and I checked the site and now the item is gone.

Thank GOD.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Sterl500 said:
Honestly, I just used my debit to link to the "Credit" part. You're making it harder than it actually is. :/
lol

Not sure if you mean OP or me. I personally don't like debit or check card. They took money from you immediately (in other words, 100% access to your account) and you can't dispute it should something goes wrong.
You don't have to use the debit card as the transfer medium, use your bank for instant transfers as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How's Samsung still going to make a tablet with 2.0...