Paul Feig and Sony know GHOSTBUSTERS SUCKS! PROOF!

Are you going to see the female Ghostbusters in Theaters?

• Yes, They Deserve My Money

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No, After All The Insults They Don't Deserve a Cent Of My Money

Votes: 62 87.3%

• Total voters

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm not going to pay $$ to see a bad movie with a cast all ugly women. If Sony is going to make a crap movie at the very lest they should have provided us with some eye candy and the one fat chick for comic relief.
Liam Hemsworth is this movie's eye candy. Also the only actor who's legitimately funny, it seems.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Here's a comparison of Ghostbusters 2016 trailer vs Scooby Doo 2 trailer:

GB2016 is more true to Scooby Doo 2 than it is for the Ghostbusters franchise.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even AVGN who has dedicated his life to filmmaking and even produced a movie who loves Ghostbusters more than life itself even declares this movie not worth his time. Never once said anything regarding the female cast.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm neither and already know this movie will be a shit show, just like every other reboot they have done in the past 10 years. Give up on the reboots, get new ideas.

Trashed reboots from what I can remember.

Total Recall
Fright Night
The Karate Kid
Ghostbusters
Ninja Turtles
Spiderman ( Different story line if you read the various comics, so it was decent I guess )
Fantastic Four
Xmen reboot
Poltergeist

I'm sure there is more, just can't think of them.

Don't forget The Omen 2006,Let me in,Old boy...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I know that movie will be bad? No, of course not. It's not even out yet. However, I can make an educated guess based on what we've been shown.

A trailer's main purpose is to excite potential viewers and make the movie appear even better than it probably will be, to the point that a large chunk of trailers are compiled from, arguably, the best scenes and lines of the movie.
After seeing a trailer for this movie, my first thought was "Wow, that movie won't be very good at all", which means the trailer failed miserably. Now, I'm not going to assume the trailer contained the best content from the film, because if it did not even Sony Pictures would allow the movie to have their name on it. However I am going to assume that it contained a good bit of it, because it's a trailer and that's why they exist.

Using this information, I'm able to infer that the movie probably won't be good. I'm willing to be proven wrong, of course, since I loved the first two Ghostbusters films and I feel that the setting could easily spawn more great content, which I'd love to see.

That being said, It's really quite jarring to see people labeling anyone who isn't 102% hyped for this movie as "misogynist shitlords", simply for not sharing an opinion that they formed immediately after reading the words "all-female cast".
I see people in this very thread deflecting legitimate criticism with, "it's not even out yet", before telling off anyone who isn't prepared to give it a five-star review.
And you're right, the movie isn't out yet, so having an opinion set in stone is simply impossible. So how is it that you know it's going to be the 10/10 blockbuster of 2016 and that anyone who doesn't just love it must be a sexist? Seems like a pretty bad argument to me.

It deeply bothers me that, within 10 replies into this thread, I see people unironically posting things like this:
Only whiny MRA/KKKs are pre-judging this movie because it hurts their wittle feefees
Surely anyone who talks like this isn't old enough to know what Ghostbusters is. Where are your parents?

Reactions: vayanui8

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to pay $$ to see a bad movie with a cast all ugly women. If Sony is going to make a crap movie at the very lest they should have provided us with some eye candy and the one fat chick for comic relief.
You're probably unable to talk to women, you're never going to get laid

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You're probably unable to talk to women, you're never going to get laid
Wow, yupyupyup. You're as original and creative as the GB2016 defenders on the rest of the internet.
yes.gif

Reactions: bkifft

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've never seen the original Ghostbusters (too young, was born in 1990 and no real interest in cinema) and I laughed when I saw the trailer of the reboot and I'm not ashamed of it.

Last edited by Ritsuki,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modern movies don't have to be good. All you gotta do is make a bad movie, build a lot of hype for it, and people will go in droves to pay and see it, just so they can complain as to how bad it was, and walla; you got a block buster hit with enough sales to fund a crappier sequel.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Scooby Doo looks like the better movie.
Yeah, Scooby Doo knows it's a cheesy and corny flick but enjoyable because it's not trying to force its jokes on too much, except for the likes of that fart joke and such.

Reactions: bkifft

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Scooby Doo knows it's a cheesy and corny flick but enjoyable because it's not trying to force its jokes on too much, except for the likes of that fart joke and such.
Forced fart jokes are in most every family movie nowadays, with a few exceptions (like Disney movies) and if that's the type of humor in the movie, I probably won't like it at all.

Still better than Ghostbusters 2016, though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1