Hacking Patched Metroid Prime on USB loader.

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already looked, but please forgive me if I missed it.

But I just installed USB loader, and I was able to load up the modified into English version of Metroid Prime. It went to the title screen.. and I went and chose my saved game. However once I chose my saved game, the system reset itself.

Is it just because it's a patched copy of a game?

I'm going to be testing another game in a moment on this as well.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was patched Pal to NTSC????

If so just to be safe you should only play NTSC games on youre X.XU Wii
A PAL game or game from anouther region can brick youre Wii if it has a update on it..!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tigran said:
I already looked, but please forgive me if I missed it.

But I just installed USB loader, and I was able to load up the modified into English version of Metroid Prime. It went to the title screen.. and I went and chose my saved game. However once I chose my saved game, the system reset itself.

Is it just because it's a patched copy of a game?

I'm going to be testing another game in a moment on this as well.

You can't tell you looked everywhere. Everywhere you find the information that all games that need IOS Version patching don't work with the usb loaders. And that's not because of the patching, it's because of the same reason why you need to patch it for disc based backup launching. These games do an IOS reload, and that's just simple and easy to understand not compatible with usb loading at the moment.

QUOTE(oxMUDxo @ May 12 2009, 04:01 PM) What was patched Pal to NTSC????

If so just to be safe you should only play NTSC games on youre X.XU Wii
A PAL game or game from anouther region can brick youre Wii if it has a update on it..!

If you use a loader, no update is installed. And if you click no, no update is installed. If you are smart enough to know that you don't want any update from nintendo, you are to no time in any danger, whatever game disc you use.

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.. This is a version of "New Play Control: Metroid Prime" it is Japanese NTSC, however it has been patched to english. I am not sure if because of that, it requires a new IOS or not.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tigran said:
No.. This is a version of "New Play Control: Metroid Prime" it is Japanese NTSC, however it has been patched to english. I am not sure if because of that, it requires a new IOS or not.

I'm totally aware of which game you are speaking.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't require a new IOS. What it does is reload its IOS (which is IOS10 btw) and this causes the USB ports to shut off. Patching it to IOS249 causes it to work in a disc loader but doesn't fix the USB problem.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here we go again...

It's not compatible, because it does an IOS reload. That's not compatible at all with usb loaders, even loading IOS249 again doesn't work.(well the loading works, but usb storage stops working)

I doubt it's IOS10, i think it's IOS21, IOS28, one of the IOS3x or IOS5x. And the game doesn't really require it, if you run it from disc it runs fine with a cIOS based on IOS36.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oxMUDxo said:
Is this something that can be fixed with newer ver. of USB Loader?

Or has nintendo found a way to block some hacking?

Yes and no. It could be fixed in the usb loader by patching the game to not do an IOS reload and do not shut down the usb storage. But that would be something to find out how to do for each game separately. Maybe you could patch a hook into the dvd reading commands to reinit the usb storage if it's down.

The best way to fix this would be to change the IOS that it ignores IOS reloads and/or restores usb storage after an IOS reload.

Well in the cases that restore usb storage, i think only high compatible devices, that are always detected whenever you switch them on, would work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy