ROM Hack Patch Gameboy ROM files to .pocket format for use on the Analogue Pocket system!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
pocket.jpg

These are IPS patches that convert the ROM to the GB Studio's .pocket format, allowing you to load them as if they were exported from GB Studio as homebrew. For those waiting for ROM loading, this is a great temporary solution!

(This site has over 400+ ROM patches and counting, and highly recommends updating the Analogue OS to it's latest version before trying to run your newly patched ROMs.)
Download the Patches: https://strt-slct.com/analogue-pocket-patches/
Retro Patcher has been updated to allow searching of patches: https://retropatcher.jonabrams.com
(It’s auto-updated with all the latest patches.)

⚠️ WARNINGS ⚠️

• Please note that link cable functionality and the real-time clock are not supported in GB Studio mode.
  • The GB Studio directory currently only supports up to 120 titles as of Analogue OS 1.0B. Please refrain from exceeding this number.
  • It is recommended that file names remain shorter than 15 characters.

Last edited by Jayro,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm still surprised that no one has made an auto patcher, as something that just works and people don't have to manually create each patch. Maybe harder than it seems but didn't seem crazy from the info I could see online.
Either way for me, I have a few good reflashable carts that I use whilst I wait for a real rom loading!

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still surprised that no one has made an auto patcher, as something that just works and people don't have to manually create each patch. Maybe harder than it seems but didn't seem crazy from the info I could see online.
Either way for me, I have a few good reflashable carts that I use whilst I wait for a real rom loading!
Seems like it would be fairly easy to throw a batch file together alongside LiPS and have it auto-patch all the ROMs in a single directory at once. (Assuming LiPS has CMD support, I have no idea if it does or not.)

bestpig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reliable auto patcher is nearly impossible to make.
All games are not easy to patch.

Sometime you can't change an instruction by an instruction to the same size, so you have to tricks a lot.
Like optimizing the current code to get some bytes free to be able to patch the test / write to LCDC / STAT register.

GB developers do a lot of weird tricks to optimize their code sometimes, and not easy to patch.

And another things, there are some code that copy some byte in memory and then execute it.
And it make it really difficult to saw it in full static analysis.

Also, some code are disassembled as write / read / test on those register but are not real code, can be resources like sound, sprite etc but disassembled as code.

For all those reasons, it's complicated to automate the whole process.
So I have a script that patch everything, but I always have to fix the generated patch manually because it miss some patch or patch something it should not.

Reactions: cearp

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love Analogue's nonsense. It's kind of dumb that something like this has to exist at all.

Good work on the patches.

Reactions: Jayro

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya