ROM Hack Suggestion Patch for Octopath Traveler Prologue Demo to remove 3 hour lock?

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imho GBAtemp now actually allowing cracks to be posted enabling piracy... Lawsuit incoming in 3.2.1...

I'm not sure if you're are serious or trolling.
Haha I'm serious. If this guy claims that he needs a crack so badly so he can stop looking after his kid, he clearly needs to set priorities straight. 1) don't ask for cracks to steal games. Cause essentially, disabling the timeout for unlimited play is a damn crack. 2) not wanting to play with the kid, well shouldn't have had a kid in the first place.

I have no idea why the moderators haven't already banned OP for asking for a crack/piracy and locked this thread. Seriously mods here aren't doing their job properly.

Last edited by :-infern:,

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Imho GBAtemp now actually allowing cracks to be posted enabling piracy... Lawsuit incoming in 3.2.1...

Haha I'm serious. If this guy claims that he needs a crack so badly so he can stop looking after his kid, he clearly needs to set priorities straight. 1) don't ask for cracks to steal games. Cause essentially, disabling the timeout for unlimited play is a damn crack. 2) not wanting to play with the kid, well shouldn't have had a kid in the first place.

I have no idea why the moderators haven't already banned OP for asking for a crack/piracy and locked this thread. Seriously mods here aren't doing their job properly.
its not piracy, youre still limited to chapter 1

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France

It's just a fucking demo, why are you turning this into a shitstorm? Pathetic.

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched the demo using SliverSrufer's process (on page 5 of this thread) and it works great. I'm about 4.5 hours in and working on the 4th character's chapter 1. I'm gonna try to finish all of the character's first chapters before I get my copy on Friday!

Also thanks to everyone who has contributed to extending this demo! It has certainly helped me survive the wait until Friday! :yayswitch:

Reactions: SliverSrufer

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I patched the demo using SliverSrufer's process (on page 5 of this thread) and it works great. I'm about 4.5 hours in and working on the 4th character's chapter 1. I'm gonna try to finish all of the character's first chapters before I get my copy on Friday!

Also thanks to everyone who has contributed to extending this demo! It has certainly helped me survive the wait until Friday! :yayswitch:
Must.. resist... to... play...the...demo.... getting harder now you bastards!

Reactions: SleepyPrince

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Last edited by SleepyPrince,

Vivithemastermage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took a quick look at it, seems my latest template still works with retail version (save file size is similar as well)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/patch-f...remove-3-hour-lock.507400/page-8#post-8131015

Let me know what else you want to be ediable
That's perfect, I thought that the save file was different. Anyway, if all the items are there in the save file ready to find them in the game (you can't edit them until you find 1x and have it in the bag) I don't need anything else. Thanks a lot man, you are a boss!

Foupen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
For some reason, the retail version didn't detect my save data of Prologue Demo, but I was able to manually transfer it by backing up my Prologue Demo save data and restoring it into the retail version via CheckPoint.

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
For some reason, the retail version didn't detect my save data of Prologue Demo, but I was able to manually transfer it by backing up my Prologue Demo save data and restoring it into the retail version via CheckPoint.
Maybe they are of different region?
The Japanese and US demo have different IDs

Anyway it's nice to know that restoring to retail version works.

Last edited by SleepyPrince,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
180711072948303255.jpg

FCK YEAH

Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked the demo to remove the save file limit yesterday. I confirmed today that I was able to import my save file (with 4:40 play time) into the retail version just fine! Now I just have to decide if I want to keep playing or wait for my Wayfarer's Edition to get here on Friday... :unsure:

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the time limit is tied to the save file, I'm hoping there's a way to patch it out from there! LayeredFS will be amazing though. I love your avatar btw, Kang Tae Lee is so gorgeous!
if it tied to save file you might just be able to edit the value in the save file

XpertXP1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the demo works on lower than 5.X firmware, I wonder if there would be a way to make a patch for the current release version that requires 5.X, kind of fooling the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F