Hacking Partitioning the Micro SD Card - help needed!

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I've been trying to create an emuMMC on my IPatched Switch and the only instructions to follow right now (as far as I know) is what GRoberts left in this post. tl;dr I did what the scenefolks page told and deleted all partitions, created a new partition so now I have a two: 89.26 GB and 29.82 GB. The former and bigger of the two is Disc L (L:) and the only one I can see on my PC. The other, smaller one doesn't have a name and can't be renamed, and I can't see the contents on my PC any more.

Before I did this, I had files from sdsetup on my SD Card. I would imagine they could still be on the smaller partition, but I can't actually see them, and the bigger one is empty. I did back up all the files on my HDD, so do I just move them to the only partition I'm able to access?

BTW, 'file system' of the smaller partition is 'Unallocated' (0x00). I'm unable to format or rename it (options are greyed out).

I suspect something went wrong during a part of the scenekids guide I didn't understand. It's this part:

Right click on your Micro SD Card and select "Create Partition" and then under the "Partition Size" subtract 29.828 from the total size of your Micro SD Card (which is listed the "Basic MBR" field on your Micro SD Card). If for some reason your Micro SD Card is using GPT (instead of MBR, like in the picture), you'll want to convert it to MBR and then create the partitions (Hekate or the Switch can't read GPT).

I had no idea whether my SD Card is MBR or GPT, but assumed it was the right one (since I saw similar things to what the tutorial showed) and just went with the rest of the setup anyway. Was that a mistake?

Basically just want to get this over with so that I can install an emuNAND. BTW, which partition will the emuNAND be installed in, the smaller or the bigger section (89 or 29 GB?)? Asking for when (hopefully not 'if') I get that far.

Thanks for all the help.

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Don't bump your threads
Its against the rules

Sorry, I didn't mean to. Usually the two posts are merged into one on these forums; I thought that's what would happen?

Still looking for a solution to my issue. Perhaps another program should be used for partitioning? Or maybe everything is just the way it should be, and I'm ready for setting up emuMMC? I've no idea!

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Okay, this is weird... I tried to delete all partitions again, thinking if I started over things would go fine, but now my whole un-partitioned SD Card is Unallocated and there is nothing I can do with it. Trying to figure out what to do.

Who knew creating an emuMMC was going to be so hard?

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Gonna do that next, never heard this piece of advice until a second ago. Googling only seems to bring up EaseUs pages which force you to install software that doesn't do anything unless you pay (and by God do they want a lot of money). Bleh.

Cheers.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Gonna do that next, never heard this piece of advice until a second ago. Googling only seems to bring up EaseUs pages which force you to install software that doesn't do anything unless you pay (and by God do they want a lot of money). Bleh.

Cheers.

Back up the files on your microsd first, then follow the instructions on this page to see if your microsd is legit or not:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Reactions: Francesca

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush: +2