Leeg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, what is DTEcount?
I've been reading something about DTE in Spanish:
http://dwx.romhackhispano.org/traduccion/dte_mte.html

And I think I can understand it, it's basically drawing two letters in one spot... But... since I need 4 bytes (82 XX) to add these new letters into event.dat, how is that going to be useful? I'll waste the same space as if it were 2 letters, won't I?

Thanks

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
two bytes for three letters, 3 bytes for 4 letters. etc...If it gets done right it won't look weird and will save you space. So you have only x amount of space to work with, you can change the font to add letter pairs (even in single byte) and calculate from the space you originally had in file what would be best to MTE/DTE(as in you only have this much space to work with). Que la and the other words that just get repeated over 700 to 3or 4 thousand times. (don't think they won't get used that much you are still translating). the one game has over 500 mentions of just the one name (the least used name by the way). Easy to do it. Use that particular hex code for it throughout and be done with it. Instead of 6 double byte letters I have 3. Better without re-pointing anything. so any of your spanish character set that has pairs heavily used you DTE/MTE those. really Toto in 3 bytes still saves you something. In the one file it looked like you used "toto" at least 20 times. 20 bytes saved... so the 4e0 extra bytes added to the file becomes 4CC extra. add th Th Sh sh Ch ch and the other common pairs. just think of the space saved (even in single byte).

now the point being that you won't really know the best MTE/DTE pairs or words until you translate all of it and dump that huge text blob through DTEcount.

sorry for pounding the point I was trying to make. But if you still have to ask about wasting space then you don't quite get it yet. MTE DTE is by design a space saver.

A now very dead project of mine 7th dragon needed an implementation of DTE MTE. it wasn't about space, (that I had plenty of as I could repoint without any trouble). it was more on screen character limits. Sword in two bytes, sure it looked funny but it was a lot better than Swd (short form sword) which still took up a space I didn't have and bordered on other graphics. (you won't find it here as I was forced legally into taking anything I put up related to it down).

So you know you have 4E0 extra bytes in the one file and you need to make that smaller. your options:
figure out the scripting engine more and make use of what you learn
edit the font then edit what you translated to match the changes to the font
cut out stuff from your translation
or all of the above.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P