Gaming Overwatch

jpx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else playing Overwatch? It seems pretty good so far. You get 20% bonus experience for playing with friends.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, it's a bit too expensive for what you're getting.
Don't get me wrong, I played the beta and I think the game is excellent. Excellent balancing, fantastic art style, I love it.
Buuuut you're getting three game modes over 12 maps (some exclusive to certain game modes). Not worth the $60 it is on consoles. On PC (where I'd buy it), it's only $40 for the base version, which is a bit more fair. If you've bought the game and you're finding it fun, then great! No need to fret over the price. Tbh, I think it's just a bunch of young kids used to the F2P model.
Why do I say it's not worth it? Well, this is just my opinion. I want more stuff for what I'm paying. I'll wait until Overwatch gets some more content before springing on it.
Another turn-off is the microtransactions. Now, I know the loot boxes don't affect actual gameplay and are just cosmetics, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to know that it's there, and it exists. I'd even be fine with new, paid heroes, kinda like how Smash Bros. has paid fighters (i.e. Cloud, Bayonetta, etc.). Let's not forget that if you're actually interested in cosmetics, it's all random drops. If there's a skin you happen to like, you gotta just stock up on loot boxes and hope RNG is on your side.
Yeah, you can get loot drops every time you level up, but consider that the higher your level, the longer it'll take to level up. So you get to a point where you're barely getting any loot drops.

I'm looking forward to playing this game sometime in the future. With many of the other games out there that I am yet to purchase, $40-$60 isn't gonna cut it for the content currently available.
That being said, I do have a ton of friends who've already bought the game, and if I've learned anything from the beta, this game is FUN with friends! I might just buy it just to play with all my friends that have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...