Overclocking

Bruinbaard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys,

I want to get some extra speed but a whole new computer is far to much money for me. since then i will need and a new mono and a new memory and a new processor and why not a new video card. Or in other words a whole new computer since my old mobo doesn't supports duo and quad core, PCI-E, ddr2 and so on.
atm i got this:
mobo: MSI PM8M2-V
Processor: Intel Celeron 2.67GHz
Memory: 1500 ddr dunno what
VGA: Ati Radaon 9600
So because it cost to much to buy new stuff I was thinking about overclocking...
But is my stuff compatible to overclock? And if how far?
And the most important how do I safely overclock without risk, since I'm totaly new to overclocking and I don't have a clue how it works. I know i have to reset my bios before and check my temperatures and so on but, yeah you don't overclock with that.

Ty in advantage, Bruin

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Your best better would be to buy a better new CPU. If it s running at 2.67ghz now you will not be able to squeeze much more out of that CPU. It would not be worth the hassle just to get a few more FPS in a game you would hardly notice.
Also the 9600 is old get new AGP card like a Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB AGP the best APG in my opinion.

Bruinbaard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I'm planning on buying a new CPU but i want Duo Core but that's not supported by my mobo so i also need a new mobo which turns in that i also need new memory and VGA card ofcourse so in fact then I will need a fully new computer

two40

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
upgrading comps always starts with one part that you need and tunrs into a new mobo/vid card/mem dilema.

overclocking is a lot of trial and error and it's not really that hard. i was a noob but i managed to get decent speeds out of gpu and cpu. if you are buying new stuff your best bet is to join a clockers forum and check out the ideal combo/parts. all of them have noob guides which are easy to follow.

good luck, have fun and push till you fry something
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2