Hacking ORDERED AN IEDGE CARD..TURNED OUT TO BE FAKE!

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, after seeing all this palava, I'm glad I pre-ordered mines from Xpertron even though it took a while to come out
tongue.gif
but it sucks when people do this, the only thing is due to the Distance Selling Act, anyone purchasing a product and unhappy can not be charged for its return as it is not fit for purpose or sold to be what it is not
biggrin.gif
bit of info for everyone
biggrin.gif

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Havent used my fake yet got a R4i card I lent to my sis if needed and an official Iedge card by time I get round to trying the fake it will likely be unusable because of a firmware upgrade.

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
dudereno said:
thumb_iedgebackbox.JPG

Real iEDGE back of box photo. Notice only two lines of text and official URL.

thumb_iegdefakeboxb.jpeg

"Fake/clone" has different text format which right-aligned for the most part and a alternative URL

Larger photos and images of the real /fake carts can be found at the following link. Thanks to flashgib for the fake pics.

http://www.two-screens.com/index.php/featu...edge-guide.html

Thanks for the notice. According on my EDGE (for NDSL, not NDSi) and the picture of the fake iEDGE, it seems the fake was copying the old EDGE package because the text formatting and line was the same (perhaps the fake was include 'i' after 'EGDE').
Now for my question. Why iEDGE only write two lines on the package?

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely because detailed guides can be found on the website that will guide u though any problems u may have, dont think the fake card has any of that on the site cant say Ive visited the site more than once though.

They may also not want you to see these two features listed

1. iEDGE comes blank without any copyrighted software, making it 100% LEGAL
2. Fully upgrade-able bootstrap to combat future DSi firmware updates

Both lies.

Shouldnt have to go to the site with all the info on the box.

stojsic

Trophies
XP
Country
joe please can you help me.. :'[ i was stupid enough to buy athe fake iEDGE flash card from my local markets only to find the instructions are for the real card not this one.. can u please help me set this one up iv been stressing over it for 6 hours not trying to find out how to set the damn thing up PLEASE HELP MEEEEE!!:D
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your using the dodgy one that shows Danny Phanton when inserted then all you need to do is just go to the fake site from the back of the box and download the firmware http://www.edgei-ds.cn/ use a program like winrar or winzip to uncompress it copy files to micro card insert into flash card and it will work.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Are the cloned iEDGE just AK2i clones? If they are you can possibly use an older version of AKAIO!

I know that doesn't help the OP, but I think the AKAIO firmware is superior.

EDIT: I noticed the OP said the flashing isn't working. Hrm, I'd try the clones own software. If that fails then push for a return very hard!

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not an expert on the firmware and havew never owned or even used a AKAIO card but using an old one will most likely result in newer games that work on the fake iedge firmware not working at all because of protection at which point u will have to keep waiting for patches thats if the firmware can even be installed cant be bothered to try it on my fake iedge its been put away and I cant be bothered to find it.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Edge are budget cyclods cards.
IEdge (from www.edge-ds.cn) is the same card with a special DSI bootstrap. It's a good budget card for DSi.
Edgei ( from edgei-ds.cn - note contact is r4dscard@h*tmail.com - and all cards from r4i sites like r4i-sdhc.c*m r4igold.c*m) are not clones but fakes based on another card and hacked firmware.

Don't buy your card on *i*.* sites ;-)

sim5728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.edge-ds.cn/ has finaly put up a guide to tell if u got a fake Iedge card took there time.

The begining of the guide I find quite pointless though dont think id be purchasing a card to disasemble it and see whats in it.

requiem_mortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My first attempt to buy an iEdge was from ShopTemp seems there were problems whith their servers and my order was lost. Got a refund as soon as I contacted them to find out where the item was. Being a little loath to wait another 5 weeks I found a more local supplier r4i.co.uk.

It was delivered in a few days but turned out to be a 'fake' I wished I'd done a bit more research and found this thread then.

When I contacted them via their contact us complaining that it wouldn't respond to the manufactures boot update process. I got the generic - "We get ours from the same manufacturer" response.

I've returned the cart and the the memory card I ordered at the same time which turned out to be a Class 2 NOT Class 4 as shown on the website description; and have asked for a refund.

I started a PayPal dispute 'Items not as described' but when I to escalated the claim PayPal closed it immediately saying 'we cannot find in favour of your claim at this time ....

This is the content of the mail I got from PayPal

"Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in
our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of
goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of
goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or
issue a refund. "

So why have a 'not as descirbed option for a dispute' in the first place
angry.gif

When I placed my order their website showed the advert as saying 'we only supply originals' which I fell for with a software download link for the cart from their own server. Subsequent to my order their website has now been updated to show links to 'Original' software download site and 'Alternative' iEdge download site. These links show pictures of the carts to be 'White' for original and 'Black' for the alternative ! So I presume that they are no longer in denial and have recognised the fact that they were supplying non OEM carts.

It's now been about a week since I returned the items and I've not heard back yet. I placed another contact us submission via their website asking for confirmation of reciept and asking them to process the refund. If I get anywhere I'll post back.

EDIT --->

Thank you for your email.
We have looked in to your order and unfortunately we are yet to receive your
returned package. Please be assured that as soon as we do one of our Customer
Service Team will be in contact with you via email. We are required to wait up to 6
weeks for this item to be returned to us.
If we have not contacted you by this time, please would you get back in touch via
email and attach to the email the proof of postage.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

EDIT --> 10/06/2010

Thank you for your order from r4i.co.uk

Order Number: #XXXXXXX

Date Ordered: 13/05/2010

Dear Xxxxxxx, Thank you for your refund request. Before you make your final decision, please have a look at the following great alternatives: • Alternative Product similarly priced + 25% Discount Code for next purchase • Credit Note + 25% EXTRA instead of a cash refund If you choose Credit Note + 25% EXTRA this means that if your refund value is £20 we will give you £25 back (25% EXTRA) in the form of a CREDIT NOTE which can be used on your next purchase. Please email [email protected] with your preferred option Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards. Zoombits/R4 Team

Your order has been updated to the following status: Order Processed

If you have any further queries about your order, please email us at [email protected]

The r4i.co.uk Team
r4i.co.uk

I requested just the refund

EDIT --> 11/06/2010

PayPal have just confirmed a refund and made it look as though they did it - I had to claim it myself from R4i/Zoombits/MemoryBits Cheeky B*******S !

Dear X,

We have concluded our investigation into your Buyer Claim.

Seller's Name: Memorybits/Zoombits/R4 International
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's Transaction ID: X

Transaction Date: 13 May 2010
Transaction Amount: X GBP
Invoice ID: X
Your Transaction ID: X
Case Number: X

Buyer's Transaction ID: X

You have received a refund via PayPal in the amount of X.

Yours sincerely,

Protection Services Department.

Respect to r4i for the refund but my opinion of PayPal cannot be published here.
So generally I'm happy and only out of pocket by the cost of the return postage which when all is said and done I consider a good result.

Colourful Zone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.colourful-zone.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Actually, you can get the official EDGE card and official iEDGE card from here and here respectively. We, the online store 100% based in Hong Kong, are the very first official reseller of EDGE card products, you can go to here to check about it.

Because of this and we only sell the original, official and genuine products as well, it is sure that you have to get the official and original products from our online store. You do not need to have any doubt of it.

Also, we introduce the unique 100% Quality Check Program, which aims to provide error-free products, to our all DS Flash cards and we have our own technical support team as well as the Live Support! feature to our all customers, you need to worry nothing if you get the products from us.
smile.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Colourful Zone said:
Actually, you can get the official EDGE card and official iEDGE card from here and here respectively. We, the online store 100% based in Hong Kong, are the very first official reseller of EDGE card products, you can go to here to check about it.

Because of this and we only sell the original, official and genuine products as well, it is sure that you have to get the official and original products from our online store. You do not need to have any doubt of it.

Also, we introduce the unique 100% Quality Check Program, which aims to provide error-free products, to our all DS Flash cards and we have our own technical support team as well as the Live Support! feature to our all customers, you need to worry nothing if you get the products from us.
smile.gif

Though you guys sell at a higher price. I have seen iEDGE $18.95 in ShopTemp and $22.00 in RealHotStuff.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my Iedge card from www.realhotstuff.com.
This is the real card.
I e-mailed them first for confirmation weather fake or not and had a quick next day reply.
Got the real card.
Am very happy.
Skinned it to look just like my CycloDS. So far no problems with it and it works great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/06/01/steve-miller-thanks-eminem-for-s...