PS1/2 OpenPs2Loader not detecting games off USB.

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest OpenPs2Loader installed on my slim ps2 but it isn't detecting any of my .iso's on my usb drive. I have them named in the correct format. I've tried naming them manually and with OPLManager and no luck so far. I've tried placing them on the root,CD folder, & DVD folder. Are certain USB's only compatible with OpenPS2Loader. Any idea? Thanks!

D

Deleted User

The USB has to be in FAT32 format.

Use this if you need to format it: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Note: Files over 4GB have to be split to parts.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How have you copied the games to the USB? As in named them. They have to be, as an example 'SLUS_214.14.Sly Cooper'
Not really. All the ISOs I have are just like "Grab Turismo 4 (USA).iso" so I reckon it's due to the USB's format.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from making sure the file names are properly set (you can use OPL Manager to help you), and using FAT32 for the drive, make sure that your drive is defragmented. Of course, you don't defragment flash drives (if that's what you have). The best way to "defragment" a flash drive is to copy its contents to your computer, format it, then copy everything back. (Consumer grade USB drives do not have any sort of wear leveling or TRIM support built in, so defragmenting them will wear out their write cycles very quickly. This is why formatting the drive and copying everything back is a workaround.)

D

Deleted User

Aside from making sure the file names are properly set (you can use OPL Manager to help you), and using FAT32 for the drive, make sure that your drive is defragmented. Of course, you don't defragment flash drives (if that's what you have). The best way to "defragment" a flash drive is to copy its contents to your computer, format it, then copy everything back. (Consumer grade USB drives do not have any sort of wear leveling or TRIM support built in, so defragmenting them will wear out their write cycles very quickly. This is why formatting the drive and copying everything back is a workaround.)
Don't think defragging it will really help all that much. I drag and dropped an ISO inside a DVD folder on a 16GB USB I have and it worked.

It's a shame that it only recognizes FAT32, but it's okay. I can still play plenty of games. Especially Tekken 4 which I'm so nostalgic about.

Reactions: Kopimist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol