Homebrew Question ONLINE with Atmosphere

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am also constantly online on atmosphere with nsps, updates, mods etc on emunand with a clean sysnand and have not been banned. I think so at least.. I am using 90 dns but question is how do I check if I am banned as 90 dns blocks the connection ton nintendo servers anyway?
Do you also use 90DNS on sysnand?
Also dont mix emunand and sysnand going online ever, where going online means having a way to conenct to nintendos servers, not nessesarry having an internet connection.
So keep all protections you have on emunand on enabled, like 90dns and prodinfo blanking.
On sysnand, if you are carefull and want to switch to emunand faster or stream things like playing splatoon online, you could use atmosphere, but be carefull to not do anything suspicius on your sysnand when you plan to go online with it, so no nsps, no prodinfo blanking, and no homebrews directly on the homescreen.

Would like to know your current status for this. Is this still legit?
not sure about that user specifically, but going online with a clean atmosphere install while only using homebrew and offline cheats and mods is still mostly safe, didn't boot normal stock firmware for a few years no, no idea how long exactly, but more its far more than 2 years.
Just don't install anything via nsp or xci on the nand you go online with, so no game backups nor homebrew that gets installed to the home menu.
Also dont cheat or romhack online, and also don't do any unessesary nand restores and never delete the logs from a nand.
The last thing, never mix nands going online, even if both are clean. One of the things nintendo uses to detect CFW is by identifiying inconsitencies in the logs send to them, and the switch always keeps them all.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks for your answer :D
The guy i saw on youtube was playing online with ACNH (ans was giving stuff)
I have an emuNAND on my switch (which is always in airplane mode)
That guy wasn't playing on the official servers, he was using lan-play. that keeps you "offline" of nintendo servers but let you to connect to unofficial servers and play with people around the world.

mindovermedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you also use 90DNS on sysnand?
Also dont mix emunand and sysnand going online ever, where going online means having a way to conenct to nintendos servers, not nessesarry having an internet connection.
So keep all protections you have on emunand on enabled, like 90dns and prodinfo blanking.
On sysnand, if you are carefull and want to switch to emunand faster or stream things like playing splatoon online, you could use atmosphere, but be carefull to not do anything suspicius on your sysnand when you plan to go online with it, so no nsps, no prodinfo blanking, and no homebrews directly on the homescreen.

not sure about that user specifically, but going online with a clean atmosphere install while only using homebrew and offline cheats and mods is still mostly safe, didn't boot normal stock firmware for a few years no, no idea how long exactly, but more its far more than 2 years.
Just don't install anything via nsp or xci on the nand you go online with, so no game backups nor homebrew that gets installed to the home menu.
Also dont cheat or romhack online, and also don't do any unessesary nand restores and never delete the logs from a nand.
The last thing, never mix nands going online, even if both are clean. One of the things nintendo uses to detect CFW is by identifiying inconsitencies in the logs send to them, and the switch always keeps them all.
Thanks for your answer. I meant my emunand is ''dirty'' and use 90dns and prodinfo blanking to go online and my sysnand is clean and go online with it if I want to play legit games with no 90 dns type methods. So far no problems. However I was wondering how to check my emunand for banning as the dns methods do block Nintendo servers anyway..

BerserkerOx

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
if you have pirate games/DLC, cheats affecting the online experience or playing on EMUNAND... NO u get BAN

i have 3 years using emunand on the Sysnand and play online fortnite, smash, mario kart, etc

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also constantly online on atmosphere with nsps, updates, mods etc on emunand with a clean sysnand and have not been banned. I think so at least.. I am using 90 dns but question is how do I check if I am banned as 90 dns blocks the connection ton nintendo servers anyway?
If you're on emuMMC, just go switch to sysMMC and see if you can connect to Nintendo online without 90dns.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your answer. I meant my emunand is ''dirty'' and use 90dns and prodinfo blanking to go online and my sysnand is clean and go online with it if I want to play legit games with no 90 dns type methods. So far no problems. However I was wondering how to check my emunand for banning as the dns methods do block Nintendo servers anyway..
Sysnand and emunand share the ban state, since it's dependent on the device.
So if your sysnand works online, your switch is not banned.
If you would try it with the emunand, you would probably end up fully banning your switch.

mindovermedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sysnand and emunand share the ban state, since it's dependent on the device.
So if your sysnand works online, your switch is not banned.
If you would try it with the emunand, you would probably end up fully banning your switch.
That makes sense however I have changed my serial number on the emunand and use dns. I am online for months now and my sysnand going Nintendo online properly.

Alvyssy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I recently bought a modchip for my oled and waiting for it to arrive, I don't pirate/cheat or intend to do it and I've read that overclocking is safe.

For example if I overclock to make age of calamity run better and then go online on smash without the overclock will I get banned for playing online with atmosphere?
And if I mod a game to remove the dynamic resolution or uncap the framerate will I get banned for modding?
I would like to have the most hassle-free way to play my legit games without having to install them 2 times and switch between ofw and syscfw.
Thanks in advance

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a modchip for my oled and waiting for it to arrive, I don't pirate/cheat or intend to do it and I've read that overclocking is safe.

For example if I overclock to make age of calamity run better and then go online on smash without the overclock will I get banned for playing online with atmosphere?
And if I mod a game to remove the dynamic resolution or uncap the framerate will I get banned for modding?
I would like to have the most hassle-free way to play my legit games without having to install them 2 times and switch between ofw and syscfw.
Thanks in advance
Overclocking online won't ban you. I've played mario kart 8, splatoon 2, and smash with max OC settings on. Safe. Modding the game to force different FPS or resolution maybe not..

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Alvyssy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Overclocking online won't ban you. I've played mario kart 8, splatoon 2, and smash with max OC settings on. Safe. Modding the game to force different FPS or resolution maybe not..
Thanks a lot, I guess I will enjoy only with overclock.

But if I mod them while on airplane mode on syscfw and reboot the switch and play them unmodded nothing will happen right?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks a lot, I guess I will enjoy only with overclock.

But if I mod them while on airplane mode on syscfw and reboot the switch and play them unmodded nothing will happen right?
We can't be sure about that, best thing to do is create an emummc and play your modded games there while you play unmodded on your sysmmc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, and let it be telepathically