• No

• Not sure yet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're absolutely wright. The issue here isn't if we can pay $20 a year or not as some claim.

They're on some whole other level of drugs if they think I'm gonna use Steam and all it's features like game sharing and streaming to my phone, all for free, then pay $20 to Nintendo a year for a barebones online service

Reactions: EmperorX

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the super strict banning they've shown so far I would be less worried about having to deal with online cheaters. They BETTER keep it up.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
With the super strict banning they've shown so far I would be less worried about having to deal with online cheaters. They BETTER keep it up.

That didn't deter cheaters from ravaging XBL.
Cheaters will likely set up modded lobbies to make a profit.

The moment stealthy cheats/hacks make it onto the platform, catching cheaters will be a cat and mouse game.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I know nothing about cheaters on XBL anyways. Either way there is little doubt Nintendo's online service will suck anyways.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're on some whole other level of drugs if they think I'm gonna use Steam and all it's features like game sharing and streaming to my phone, all for free, then pay $20 to Nintendo a year for a barebones online service

To be fair, they are offering more than just "online multiplayer" with their service.............but hey, to each their own at an extremely lower rate than their competitors.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, they are offering more than just "online multiplayer" with their service.............but hey, to each their own at an extremely lower rate than their competitors.

What exactly are they offering? Cloud save aka back up saving, which is inside the switch itself, Nintendo took it out and locked it behind a paywall or are you talking about the "FREE NES AND SNES" VC games with online multiplayer? Those are not free, those are bound to the service, so if and when you cancel the service or anything happens to your subscription, those free games are locked and you won't be able to play em till you subscribe again.

Sony does the same thing.

Reactions: Ty_

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What exactly are they offering? Cloud save aka back up saving, which is inside the switch itself, Nintendo took it out and locked it behind a paywall or are you talking about the "FREE NES AND SNES" VC games with online multiplayer? Those are not free, those are bound to the service, so if and when you cancel the service or anything happens to your subscription, those free games are locked and you won't be able to play em till you subscribe again.

Not to mention Steam does most of this completely free, including the occasional free game that's actually free. Plus a bunch of other stuff on top. Same with GOG

Reactions: guily6669

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll pay for online but only when Smash Bros Ultimate comes out (so December).
Nintendo Switch Online is terrible in many games :

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (it's fine globally, some people teleport, accelerate easily on grass but it's seriously still decent)

-Xenoverse 2 (A lot of crashes, I can't even matchmaking with my friends and go in 3v3, this game even crashes locally with like 10% chances saying that the gamecard ejected from the console wtf)

-Splatoon 2 (Unstable connection, many crashes, strange afterkill, teleportations etc)

-Fortnite (At my own surprise the game is smooth, still didn't crash even once for now)

It's like the Wii U online but worse because many people play on H+/3G (Switch portability) or whatever.
The console itself sometimes has troubles to connect to the wifi when booting.
Even if it's $20/year, It doesn't feel good because of everything above. Moreover, Nintendo won't improve their online.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean obviously you people quoting me and then saying something have no idea how to comprehend what I said I guess? Did I say you get free games? Did I say you don't lose those games? No. I said they are offering more than just "online multiplayer" with their service. I mean I dunno why you are saying "those aren't free games to keep" You guys are now just bashing and hating on them to do so. I mean there is three possible things i gather from this

1. You play P.C. Games so why the hell do you even have a console or have thoughts about online services since that P.C. is so bad ass?

2. You just hate on Nintendo no matter what they do, just to be cool.

3. You are just filthy pirates anyways, so who cares what you say.

The proof is in the fact that both of you went away from what i stated.

Also let's not forget. Unlike P.C. You need to connect to Nintendo services before connecting to servers for the games you desire to play online.

With A P.C. or a steam game. You would be connecting directly to those servers.....

I never knew how someone could complain so much about 20 dollars a year. Hell Wow and those MMORPG's are like almost that for every month you play. (on the P.C. i might add)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also let's not forget. Unlike P.C. You need to connect to Nintendo services before connecting to servers for the games you desire to play online.

With A P.C. or a steam game. You would be connecting directly to those servers.....

Untrue for steam. Most games with multiplayer on steam these days are using steamworks to provide mp. No steam=no mp.

I never knew how someone could complain so much about 20 dollars a year. Hell Wow and those MMORPG's are like almost that for every month you play. (on the P.C. i might add)

MMORPGS are different. You pay for server hosting costs for a persistant game world + patches and content updates.

$20 a year with Nintendo gets you p2p. What a deal, I pay you to host on my own connection.

Last edited by Armadillo,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best way to see things is exactly you pay for the hardware, you pay for the games, you pay for your internet, you pay for the electricity and at the end after connecting to your wifi there is a software magic lock where it only gets magically unlocked after you pay the 20$ shit.

It should have been like PS3 only pays who wants and who pay get the extras, but online play was completely free...

I would agree having a paid service there with extras, but not locking free multiplayer on a god damn paid service. Playing online is a god damn right since you pay already everything, M$ is GUILTY 4 this, they are the bastards who started all this shit on the Xbox Original.

M$ Just with the XBL profit have so much money that they can shit on all of us, I bet M$ partners just with XBL profits alone are living the big dream of life, mansions, parties, drugs, airplanes, supercars and all by selling a free service as I bet if MP wasnt locked less than half XBL supporters would go away already.

ps: This is the sadness disgrace of modern consoles, MP locked to a god damn stupid paid service. I even wonder after those stupidly rich companies making billions just with the service profits, if it won't ever affect PC, just hope steam never fall in this crap or we are 4 ever doomed on any platform...

Reactions: Ty_ and EmperorX

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
best way to see things is exactly you pay for the hardware, you pay for the games, you pay for your internet, you pay for the electricity and at the end after connecting to your wifi there is a software magic lock where it only gets magically unlocked after you pay the 20$ shit.

It should have been like PS3 only pays who wants and who pay get the extras, but online play was completely free...

I would agree having a paid service there with extras, but not locking free multiplayer on a god damn paid service. Playing online is a god damn right since you pay already everything, M$ is GUILTY 4 this, they are the bastards who started all this shit on the Xbox Original.

M$ Just with the XBL profit have so much money that they can shit on all of us, I bet M$ partners just with XBL profits alone are living the big dream of life, mansions, parties, drugs, airplanes, supercars and all by selling a free service as I bet if MP wasnt locked less than half XBL supporters would go away already.

ps: This is the sadness disgrace of modern consoles, MP locked to a god damn stupid paid service. I even wonder after those stupidly rich companies making billions just with the service profits, if it won't ever affect PC, just hope steam never fall in this crap or we are 4 ever doomed on any platform...

I'm sick of this "it's only $20 a month" bullshit, the price is irrelevant. It's something you shouldn't have to pay for, end of

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I clicked no, because... Nintendo gave me no other choice. Otherwise I would have taken the offer.^^'

SG911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The prices aren't bad at all vs xbox & sony BUT wifi gaming is a horrible thing so. Still not gonna be paying for this service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts