One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 heading to North America and Europe (PS3/Vita/PS4/Steam)

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The One Piece: Pirate Warriors series coming to North America isn't really suprising. What is surprising is the fact that the game is coming to PSVita AND Steam in North America. Previously, Namco skipped the PSVita version of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2.​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is coming to the Americas on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, AND Steam. Prepare to experience an all-new pirate adventure as you explore the origins of Luffy’s crew! Oh, and don’t forget to check out the trailer!
:arrow: Source

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
summer 2015 ugh what a wait... at least it's on PS3 and Vita. let's hope for cross play.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
*sigh* another Dynasty Warriors.

One Piece was on the right track with the Unlimited Red series but then they fucked it up and went back to Pirate Warriors once again.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets hope they address some of the dumber problems the previous ones had. Such as 2 of the same character on the map, even if you were playing solo, etc

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They still produce this? Funny.

But why never an real RPG or something like that? Fight, fight, fight - is this really everything this manga has to offer?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

But why never an real RPG or something like that? Fight, fight, fight - is this really everything this manga has to offer?

well of course, like any other shonen manga, theres battle at its heart. battles and techniques.
though these games make a habit out of taking just battle and throwing in just the tiniest snippets of story, which is, i guess, all right for those who know the story by heart. who don't have to see all these things over and over in this weird 3d visual. similar to the dbz games of the last decade. towards the end, they literally had just walls of text between fights. and once you'd played as every character once, seen all special attacks, all the transformations, the game was basically over, as the stories were nothing new, or it was dumb and annoying in those 'what would be if' kind of missions.

anyways, i also don't see this work as a 'real rpg' since then, its just read read read and hit 'A' for basically 99% of non boss battles. not better in my eyes

i guess, as far as i can see, most shonen manga end up best in form of tournament fighters. because at heart, you want to see those attacks and beat people. naruto often tried to mix it with rpg, with walking, talking, questing etc... and it always ends up boring and stale and with annoying platforming to the point where you just do it to unlock whatever finishing it unlocks.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well of course, like any other shonen manga, theres battle at its heart. battles and techniques.
though these games make a habit out of taking just battle and throwing in just the tiniest snippets of story, which is, i guess, all right for those who know the story by heart. who don't have to see all these things over and over in this weird 3d visual. similar to the dbz games of the last decade. towards the end, they literally had just walls of text between fights. and once you'd played as every character once, seen all special attacks, all the transformations, the game was basically over, as the stories were nothing new, or it was dumb and annoying in those 'what would be if' kind of missions.

anyways, i also don't see this work as a 'real rpg' since then, its just read read read and hit 'A' for basically 99% of non boss battles. not better in my eyes

i guess, as far as i can see, most shonen manga end up best in form of tournament fighters. because at heart, you want to see those attacks and beat people. naruto often tried to mix it with rpg, with walking, talking, questing etc... and it always ends up boring and stale and with annoying platforming to the point where you just do it to unlock whatever finishing it unlocks.
Naruto had some nice ideas, but yeah it was not that great either. But at least they tried - and they did make some good fighting (meaning Gekitou Ninja Taisen series - NOT this Ultimate Ninja or Storm shit) games with it. These Dynasty Warrior clones are a shame, really. Not because of the genre, because they're total ripoffs of the same material. Like I would eat the same food twice!

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow, the game looks fantastic. I havent' read one piece for a long time, and dont' like the series as much I used to be, but this is glorious. man, I wish fairy tail can also be as popular as one piece to get a pc release :P

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

GBA had a lot of One piece RPG, particullary one that I remember was a RPG with a grid battle system.

There's also the 3ds one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1