One Piece: Gigant Battle 2

tommyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
image_thumb25.png

Ganbarion is making a sequel to their Jump Ultimate Stars style One Piece game. Jump has a spread
on One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 New World, which has over 40 battle characters. Add in support characters
and the Nintendo DS game has over 100 characters from One Piece.

This game takes place after Luffy and crew visit the New World. Ganbarion is creating new stages for the game
to fit this One Piece story arc.

One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 will be available in Japan this fall. Namco Bandai localized the first title and brought
it to Europe just a few days ago.

Source

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
[center][img]http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/image_thumb25.png[/img][/center]
[quote]
Ganbarion is making a sequel to their Jump Ultimate Stars style One Piece game. Jump has a spread
on One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 New World, which has over 40 battle characters. Add in support characters 
and the Nintendo DS game has over 100 characters from One Piece.

This game takes place after Luffy and crew visit the New World. Ganbarion is creating new stages for the game

One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 will be available in Japan this fall. Namco Bandai localized the first title and brought 
it to Europe just a few days ago.
[/quote]
[url="http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/10/one-piece-gigant-battle-2-new-world-stretches-onto-nintendo-ds/"]Source[/url]

Paste this into the first post. Your formatting is a bit messed up.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jax said:
For the DS?!
Why not the 3DS?!

Probably because it's cheaper to develop for the ds and is using a lot of the assets from the first Gigant Battle. It's gonna sell like hotcakes in Japan anyway, so it was probably a wise move.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW this fails. None of it will be Canon. Luffy and his crew have not entered the New world yet. They are still on Fishman Island.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
salamai said:
WOW this fails. None of it will be Canon. Luffy and his crew have not entered the New world yet. They are still on Fishman Island.

That's not the point. The newer episodes are about them entering the New World. I highly doubt the game is gonna make things up based on events that haven't even transpired.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Based on new world ?
unsure.gif

They could based it on an imaginary island instead (like Unlimited games on Wii) if they need to create new places and enemies...

Well, it's maybe an imaginary island on the new world, it will not conflict with the main story.
It will certainly contains enemies and boss from the current Manga arc
biggrin.gif

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Tonitonichopchop said:
salamai said:

That's not the point. The newer episodes are about them entering the New World. I highly doubt the game is gonna make things up based on events that haven't even transpired.

DO you even read the Manga at all?

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
salamai said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
salamai said:

DO you even read the Manga at all?

I'm at the newer chapters (Not the newest, but I'm maybe 5 or 10 behind at max). My point (Which I should have made clearer) is that the newest chapters are about them entering the New World, so that's why the game is called "One Piece Gigant Battle 2: New World". I don't think the information that it will have events from the New World is true unless like Cyan said, they make up an island or use a pre-existing one like Raftel as a stage.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ferofax said:
These guys will probably have inside info on One Piece as well. Kinda like how the people who made Gear Spirit was already making/animating Brooke before he was even published.
Oh, companies already had inside info from the author before official manga release for previous games?
That's good news then
wink.gif

It could match a manga/game chapter release
biggrin.gif

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to get excited about this game, but since the English-text version of the original game hasn't been dumped yet, it makes me sad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU