Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
medal.png
On the fifth day of Tempmas results...
...GBAtemp gave to me: each winning contest entry!

The Final Day of Tempmas Results
Day Five: Winning Entries

On the fifth day of Tempmas results, GBAtemp gave to me: 10 pretty pictures, 4 merry movies, 10 seasonal stories, 10 Tempmas tunes, and each winning contest entry!
The Final Day of Tempmas Results has arrived. Over the last week we revealed the winners of each competition, one day and competition at a time. Today, on the fifth and final day, the various winning entries are being presented for all to see and enjoy. This will also lead to the removal of the Christmas emoticons, within the next few days.

It has been a lot of fun, and we've enjoyed each of your submissions. However before the winning entries are presented, I'd like to explain a bit about the thought process behind the staff voting:

Winning isn't just a matter of which entries are technically superior, or which member had more skill in a field. Though those are factors. No, these Tempmas competitions were never about which was better, just which ones each staff member enjoyed more. Some were skillful, some made us smile, others made us laugh. Ultimately, it was all about holiday spirit and how the entries affected each of us individually.

We do hope that you have all had fun, and that you'll be gracious to both those who won, and those who didn't. Throughout the entries you'll see a varied array of images, songs, videos, and writings. And now, the winning entries, enjoy.

tempmas-video.gif

tempmas-writing.gif

(Note 1: Entries are listed by winning group and alphabetical order).
(Note 2: Clicking on the Santa Picture or Tempmas Carol graphics will lead to pages containing their respective winning entries. And clicking the spoiler boxes and the member name will do the same for writing and video).
(Note 3: A certain member still has not responded with their member name. If you entered the music competition, know of a "JR", and your song was entitled "iwasdrunk", please contact me immediately so that we can confirm your listing).

And one final thank you to our partner sites for sponsoring the Tempmas competition. Check these guys out if you're ever in the market for gaming accessories - iShopVideoGame, Gamezway, WikiNDS

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Sonicslasher said:
Woah! First place song has a really nice, smooth sound to it!
laugh.gif

All you need for a good guitar song are three chords and the truth.

EDIT:
BLAH BLAH BLAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU POSTER BENEATH ME I'M LISTENING TO MY SHITTY K-POP RIGHT NOW FUCK I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW

EDIT 2:
QUOTE(Nin10doFan @ Jan 29 2010, 10:24 PM) Gore's "poem" was made from epic win.
beatrice04_unasuvas.png

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
MarkDarkness said:
No, I mean... really... what the fuck is up with half those writing entries? We read so much better in the warm up thread back in December. What the hell happened?

Congratulations to the winners of the other competitions, great work!
As stated in the paragraphs preceding the entry reveals: they didn't need to be great works of art. This was never about what was best, merely what the majority enjoyed more. If it made us chuckle, or smile, or warmed our hearts in the ever-depressing dead of winter.

For example, Fel's entry (which got mangled by the .txt file when uploaded, unfortunately), I adored. I haven't felt anything close to "holiday spirit" in years, but this fellow, he nailed it. He wrote a beautiful letter in a non-native language as best he could, and it melted my heart, which was cold to the holidays. It made me smile, and even got a little tear.

Again, this was never about being superior. We never expect anyone to be Shakespeare. We are not, after all, Random House publishing or somesuch. If anyone expected to win on writing ability alone, well, they overshot a very simple task. Make a nice little letter to Santa, a funny little story, a short holiday poem, or whatever. The winning entries were rooted in holiday cheer and fun, and that is the entire point of the competition.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ace Gunman said:
MarkDarkness said:
No, I mean... really... what the fuck is up with half those writing entries? We read so much better in the warm up thread back in December. What the hell happened?

Congratulations to the winners of the other competitions, great work!
As stated in the paragraphs preceding the entry reveals: they didn't need to be great works of art. This was never about what was best, merely what the majority enjoyed more. If it made us chuckle, or smile, or warmed our hearts in the ever-depressing dead of winter.

For example, Fel's entry (which got mangled by the .txt file when uploaded, unfortunately), I adored. I haven't felt anything close to "holiday spirit" in years, but this fellow, he nailed it. He wrote a beautiful letter in a non-native language as best he could, and it melted my heart, which was cold to the holidays. It made me smile, and even got a little tear.

Again, this was never about being superior. We never expect anyone to be Shakespeare. We are not, after all, Random House publishing or somesuch. If anyone expected to win on writing ability alone, well, they overshot a very simple task. Make a nice little letter to Santa, a funny little story, a short holiday poem, or whatever. The winning entries were rooted in holiday cheer and fun, and that is the entire point of the competition.
That is fair, and I do not contend with your explanation in the least. But it would be nice if you guys maybe limited the scope of the submissions in the next competition, if possible. It just feels slightly awkward to include a category and not have it represented in the results, though I am in no way questioning me not having won - but rather questioning the inclusion of that writing style if it the intention was to receive entries that are the opposite of it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
OMG xD I totally know why Yeoshi won the music competition now xD. That song totally rocks! (I wish I could get it lol).
use download helper to download it

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Densetsu3000 said:
I'm loving the entries, but did anyone else notice that Burtoboy's and Jurassicplayer's entries link to the same video?
Damn. I knew that was going to happen. I even double checked two links to make sure it didn't. I guess I checked the wrong two. Anywho, Jurassicplayer's link has been fixed, thanks for the heads up.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
I'm loving the entries, but did anyone else notice that Burtoboy's and Jurassicplayer's entries link to the same video?
xD My video was just that bad. I didn't realize that both the camera and windows movie maker showed the video brighter than everything else xD. So pretty much its an almost black screen over half the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu