Hardware Omiibo - open source hardware amiibo emulator (N2 elite)

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havnt seen this shared here yet so I figured someone else may be interested

This is similar to the no longer made N2 elites. But these are open source, easy to use(can use your phones browser!) and can even be customized like an amiibo if you have a 3D printer

All you need is a puck.js which is about $40 and you should be able to use up to 50 amiibo

https://www.omniibo.com/

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why use this instead of n2elite ? (if we want a physical item, because today amiibo can be emulated without hardware)
As far as I’m aware the n2 elite is no longer manufactured or at least very rarely and in small runs now

So this is easier to get ahold of. Plus some level of customization

I’m printing out one for my friend rn that has a muscular sexy pikachu lmao

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of puck.js is required? There is v2 now and the puck lite.

Anyone know where to get an amiiqo these days?
V2 works I just made a few and plan on selling them on site (with kickback to the original dev of course) but from my understanding tho one even produces things like the Amiiqo or N2 elite any more

I just need to dial in my PETG a bit more..

Attachments

• 4F8F2BB3-7117-4E0D-9D6C-AC6935B07035.jpeg
    4F8F2BB3-7117-4E0D-9D6C-AC6935B07035.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
  • 4FE4F0BB-43F1-4115-BCA4-C454C70643BF.jpeg
    4FE4F0BB-43F1-4115-BCA4-C454C70643BF.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: hippy dave

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As far as I’m aware the n2 elite is no longer manufactured or at least very rarely and in small runs now

So this is easier to get ahold of. Plus some level of customization

I’m printing out one for my friend rn that has a muscular sexy pikachu lmao
Well the guys who used to make it kind of got busted. Gary Opa that provided the sale methods are in jail.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I think this is a neat little device I've got to say! Sure theirs "emu" amiibos today but always nice with physical devices for some reason.
I agree! Especially for using amiibo with a retail system

Imo it’s much easier to have them all on one physical device/sticker than those decks of cards people use (that I also made)

Plus the customization is always fun. I don’t think Nintendo intended for there ever to be a “rocktopus” amiibo lmao

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see they have a Puck Lite, is it still fully compatible? If the Lite only removes the features I don't need I'd prefer to get that - I'm very unlikely to use it for anything other then an amiibo emulator as my N2 elite died years ago
Edit: nevermind. As per the sales page for the puck lite:
Puck.js Lite is a cheaper version of the normal Puck.js which does not contain the sensors, NFC, blue LED, IR transmitter and FET.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see they have a Puck Lite, is it still fully compatible? If the Lite only removes the features I don't need I'd prefer to get that - I'm very unlikely to use it for anything other then an amiibo emulator as my N2 elite died years ago
Edit: nevermind. As per the sales page for the puck lite:
That stinks it would be cool if they didn’t remove NFC from the lite

Albeit the normal one isn’t terribly expensive. It just sucks that adafruit will only ship it via UPS cause of the battery ($15 shipping)

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That stinks it would be cool if they didn’t remove NFC from the lite

Albeit the normal one isn’t terribly expensive. It just sucks that adafruit will only ship it via UPS cause of the battery ($15 shipping)
Ironically its cheaper to ship it from the UK, at least here to Canada. Like $57usd instead of $75usd for puck +s+h

... I wonder if there are any other useful features we could use the puck 2 for, seems kind of a waste to not use most of the hardware that's in it.

Seems you can buy the circuit used on the puck seperately, and just attach a battery and antenna to get the same thing... But soldering everything together would be a little bit of work and you'd need to make a case. http://www.espruino.com/MDBT42Q
Post automatically merged:

http://www.espruino.com/Pixl.js
The pixl.js looks interesting. Four buttons and a small lcd display, and only four pounds more expensive. I think you could program a basic menu to scroll through the amiibos saved to it

Last edited by Futurdreamz,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V2 works I just made a few and plan on selling them on site (with kickback to the original dev of course) but from my understanding tho one even produces things like the Amiiqo or N2 elite any more

I just need to dial in my PETG a bit more..
This is cool. So cool I bought one of the V2’s.

WebBLE errors out when I try to update the puck.js in DFU mode.

7359E6B9-D963-4B62-A51C-DB22A56FAFDB.jpeg

How did you program yours?

e: ohhhhh…don’t answer!

I think I got it! BT is just really slow and I was being impatient!

FC4B5D5E-BA2A-47EA-B8B6-B9CAAD0B6BEA.jpeg

it’s going now!

e2: don’t got it.

I can update the firmware but I can’t used the tag manager app

asking again…then…how are you getting the omniibo firmware onto the puck.js v2?

e3: here’s what I’ve done (successfully?) thus far:

download the espruino_2v15.1_puckjs.zip firmware file by hand.
used the iOS Device Firmware Update (15 or later - recommended) app to upload the firmware to the puck.js in DFU mode.
installed the webBLE app and opened it to the puck.js web IDE located here: https://www.espruino.com/ide/
uploaded the script located here

A7EBE64E-70B7-4AD2-A2AD-74CEA1188FC1.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is cool. So cool I bought one of the V2’s.

WebBLE errors out when I try to update the puck.js in DFU mode.

View attachment 357951

How did you program yours?

e: ohhhhh…don’t answer!

I think I got it! BT is just really slow and I was being impatient!

View attachment 357953

it’s going now!

e2: don’t got it.

I can update the firmware but I can’t used the tag manager app

asking again…then…how are you getting the omniibo firmware onto the puck.js v2?

e3: here’s what I’ve done (successfully?) thus far:

View attachment 357955
I forgot to write the steps down so after work tomorrow I will dig up my puck js and help double check/give exact instructions if this doesn’t help

But I had similar issues. I believe I had to connect the puck to my pc (I didn’t use iOS) via Bluetooth normally at first

Than do the DFU mode by inserting the battery while holding the button. From here the device should hopefully auto connect after a minute or so since it’s already been paired and you can use that DFU mode button

Assuming I’m not misremembering I don’t see why this wouldn’t also work on iOS as long as you have that correct browser

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to write the steps down so after work tomorrow I will dig up my puck js and help double check/give exact instructions if this doesn’t help

But I had similar issues. I believe I had to connect the puck to my pc (I didn’t use iOS) via Bluetooth normally at first

Than do the DFU mode by inserting the battery while holding the button. From here the device should hopefully auto connect after a minute or so since it’s already been paired and you can use that DFU mode button

Assuming I’m not misremembering I don’t see why this wouldn’t also work on iOS as long as you have that correct browser
Much appreciated. I’ll keep hacking at it in the mean time. I feel I’m close…

Reactions: mikefor20

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya...I spun up my Windows box (I was replacing the ssd yesterday) and everything works like a champ now!

1678374772010.png

The steps I took on the iPad also work except for the last piece where you connect to Omniibo via the web app.

Are there any other tools to manage this guy or should I be forking the project...just in case?

Reactions: TheStonedModder

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya...I spun up my Windows box (I was replacing the ssd yesterday) and everything works like a champ now!

View attachment 358026

The steps I took on the iPad also work except for the last piece where you connect to Omniibo via the web app.

Are there any other tools to manage this guy or should I be forking the project...just in case?
This is the only tool I’m aware of for managing the puck

That’s great that you got it working though!

That’s still weird that your ipad won’t connect however. I wonder if it’s just an issue with that third party browser and if android solutions would work better

I forked the project myself since I want to add better instructions to the readme. Because the original project doesn’t even describe how to use the device as a whole that well imo

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the only tool I’m aware of for managing the puck

That’s great that you got it working though!

That’s still weird that your ipad won’t connect however. I wonder if it’s just an issue with that third party browser and if android solutions would work better

I forked the project myself since I want to add better instructions to the readme. Because the original project doesn’t even describe how to use the device as a whole that well imo

I agree…I’m sure it makes perfect sense to the author, but you have to infer a lot of things to get there.

one thing I failed to mention is I also had trouble with Bluetooth on my windows machine as the internal device was not V4.0 compliant. Disabled the internal and plugged in a cheap BT adapter and it just popped right up!

fun stuff!

Reactions: TheStonedModder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1