Hacking [OLD!] PS3 "jailbreak" F.A.Q.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theres no need to diss someone else s work.
Sony has brick a lot of ps3s also with a release i cant remember what version firmware.
You just need a USB flash/hard drive now to jailbreak. You just update like you would do with OFW. (you can even revert back to it afterwards if you want)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Magsor said:
Theres no need to diss someone else s work.
Sony has brick a lot of ps3s also with a release i cant remember what version firmware.
You just need a USB flash/hard drive now to jailbreak. You just update like you would do with OFW. (you can even revert back to it afterwards if you want)
Not dissing him for bricking consoles. I just dislike his code. It's ugly and hacky. Does the job fine, I'm just anal.

Thanks for answering.
I assume no big problems with fat consoles?

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an 80 gig fat version ps3. Any chance of this becoming bricked with one of these various softmod methods? Is there a particular method recommended for this type of ps3?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Prior22 said:
I have an 80 gig fat version ps3. Any chance of this becoming bricked with one of these various softmod methods? Is there a particular method recommended for this type of ps3?
Kmeaw cfw. Update to 3.55 OFW then install kmeaw. Happiness ensues.
(odds of brick--I've never heard of any kmeaw bricks)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
edit : Damn, I lost my edit to an empty post !
hopefully firefox had a cache of the message
tongue.gif

original message :

QUOTE(Rydian @ Feb 8 2011 @ 06:31 AM) said:
Is anybody else willing to take this thread over?

I don't even have a PS3 and it's outdated and I can't test stuff and all that jazz.
Sorry, I didn't have time to do it.
I noted some frequently asked questions when you asked me, but the scene is advancing fast. There are so many possibilities depending which firmware you (want to) use frown.gif
It would need a FAQ for each method and cfw
laugh.gif

Plus, I'm still on 3.41 so I'm like you, I can't test new cfw releases, but I help people on a case basis when I can.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a stable psone emulator yet for ps3? I'm waiting on softmodding until that happens. Also any update on a gamecube or n64 emulator. I figure with the processing power of ps3 it's just a matter of time.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jimmy1994 said:
Which jailbreak option is the best guys?

PS3 break v 1.2 or
PS3key Visit My Website or
PS Jailbreak2 Visit My Website
None of them. Jailbreak dongles are Not the way to go anymore . This FAQ is outdated. I have written a new one but never got around finishing it. I will publish it unfinished to get some help later today. just hang on.

Jimmy1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Magsor said:
Jimmy1994 said:

PS3 break v 1.2 or
None of them. Jailbreak dongles are Not the way to go anymore . This FAQ is outdated. I have written a new one but never got around finishing it. I will publish it unfinished to get some help later today. just hang on.

Thank you i will be waiting for it!!!

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jimmy1994 said:
Magsor said:
Jimmy1994 said:

PS3 break v 1.2 or

What firmware are you on?

Jimmy1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sephxus said:
Jimmy1994 said:
Magsor said:
Jimmy1994 said:

PS3 break v 1.2 or

What firmware are you on?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't followed the jailbreak news for a few weeks, but last i checked there is no support for playing backups online. has this changed or will it change in the near future? my ps3 is still 3.42FW and i want to be able to play online but i'm reluctant to upgrade to 3.56 in case it spoils my chances of playing backups online. for now all my games are originals. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's a way to spoof the data sent to PSN servers allowing you to connect to your PSN account and play online.
There is also a BIG probability that you get banned from PSN for doing that.

There are 2 kind of ban : console or account.
The console ban can be prevented and you can bypass the ban if you ever get only "console" banned.

The console ban is done using the ConsoleID, so using an empty ID is the current way to bypass the ban as sony can't know your real ID to ban it.

I don't remember if 3.42 can be jailbroken, but you can either downgrade to 3.41 or upgrade to 3.55 manually. Don't do the automatic online update or you will be at 3.56
once on 3.55 you can install modified firmware which lets you play backups and homebrew without the need to jailbreak the PS3 with a dongle each time you boot it.

The PSN spoofing is then done using a software on your computer acting as both a DNS server and a tunnel proxy with SSL information rewriting.
There are 2 main software for that, "FuckPSN", "PS3DNS" + "Charles".

RavinX13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

If I use this to play backed up games, can it be detected once removed? Would I have to delete all back-ups\saves before I use PSN?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It can and will be detected, even if you remove everything before updating/using PSN/connecting to Internet without PSN.
There are some homebrew to delete the play history at many place inside the HDD, but it's not certain that it's deleting all the logs.

Deleting all the logs can still become suspicious, because usually you add games to your play history, you don't delete them.
So there is another homebrew to add random games into that log file.

You can still be detected.

You can check these log cleaner homebrew :
EraseMe
LogJam
PSNinja

astro2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it didn't answer my question at all, but I won't be too upset since you at least admitted the FAQ is out of date

no.1 can this backup blu-ray movies with the backup manager?

no.2 a youtube video i watched states you don't need a hacking usb device no more just merely jailbreak files for a usb flash drive

Posts merged

it didn't answer my question at all, but I won't be too upset since you at least admitted the FAQ is out of date

no.1 can this backup blu-ray movies with the backup manager?

no.2 a youtube video i watched states you don't need a hacking usb device no more just merely jailbreak files for a usb flash drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol