Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

MiMiCAX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@mjw I saw this on a Spanish website; I've had near 100% success rate:

1. Open Internet browser and reset all data
2. Open Internet browser and load website (eg eclipsesin)
3. After webpage fully loads, on wiiu gamepad, hold power until wiiu turns off
4. Turn on wiiu, open Internet browser. It should have cached webpage, or at least it will load it automatically
5. Load the kernel; gl

Reactions: mjw

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
What's everybody's success rate at managing to get the kernel and loadiine working? I must've ran it a couple of hundred times in the past week and it's only worked twice, a 1% success rate. Am I missing something here? any help will be appreciated.
Last time 3 times i tried it worked, so 100% success rate after following domino-s directions, Do exactly as he explains it !
Don't forget to uncheck the "remember name/password" option :D
And give feedback :)
Edit : using local tiny web server to host the files on my phone and ethernet adapter, dunno if that matters...

Last edited by AlBa,
Reactions: mjw

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,i will dump my Mario Kart 8 Disc,but i can't.Read FSA not working.After 10 minute nothing.
My Procedure:
1. Get the Official Kernel Exploit to run.
2. Get the TCP Gecko Client to connect.
3. Get to a static menu in the game:
MK8: Press - at the main menu to get to the Play Stats menu???

What is the Stat menu?Only press A by Intro Screen?

Call of Duty Ghost's and Assasins Creed 4 dumping works,but i can't MK8.Please help.

P.S.Sorry for my bad English

Edit:
Another Question,
can i delete the Other language,Speech,Data... for using with Loadiine or need all data?

Last edited by CubeLer,
Reactions: paulloeduardo

blurx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, gg. I had my Wii U on 5.3.2 and I turned it on today and it's on 5.5.0. How does Nintendo just force firmware updates automatically? I was extremely pissed that it happened.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

after looking closer at the GUI it is noticable that it does not use the GX2 engine to draw the textures. It simply uses OSScreenPutPixelEx function. This function is just a CPU way of poking into the scan buffer. That was kind of dissappointing to me as I was hoping for GX2. I mean no offense, the GUI looks good and it is nice that someone else was working on loadiine, but you can clearly see in the video how it is "refreshing" the pixel lines one after another. This way of drawing is not a good base for a GUI and is very slow. I knew about this function and that is why I didnt even start doing a GUI with that.

So because of that I continued my work on GX2. It took quite some time but I finally managed to initialze it all the way up and make it render textures correctly. Additionally I implemented a converter from PNG files to textures in run time which than can be used. I can render to both TV (up to 1080p) or the gamepad (DRC, up to max res. of 854x480) simultanious with same or different surfaces.
That means I now have everything that is needed to make a GX2 based GUI. Well everything except the skills to actually create good looking images :P. That is why I am writing here. I am looking for someone who wants to help out with the future "Loadiine GX2 v1.0" project and invest his time into create nice looking background, button, icons, etc. images. Someone with some experience in creating graphics with Photoshop or similar. Just simple PNG files will be sufficient.
If you want to help out, then just contact me here or on IRC.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll think about some possible design and will try to do mockups.
not all users are on 1080p TV so I suppose the design should adapt to other smaller resolutions too. hardcoded pictures are easier to manage but resizing is not always looking good. auto generated designs based on resolution is better but might be harder to code. we will have to think what's possible and what can be done.

I'm currently thinking about two main designs.
cover flow : I know lot of people like that. Same as the preview video from the other GUI developer.
Wiiu System menu : game grid layout like the WiiU's default layout, we already have game icons in the meta folders.
a setting menu would be nice too, it can be rendered on screen and on DRC at the same time. currently there's only network option but it can contains more settings later. (language, GUI, network, etc.)

Edit:
I didn't tell that I WILL make the GUI and you guys can wait for its release.
I'm just thinking about mockups, trying to see what could be done, or needed for future layout. I'm not creating the pictures or the templates.
someone else with design skill will have to work with us to do what we want to achieve. all help is welcome.

About online feature :
We already tried and failed. It's not like we skipped it entirely.
We tested few things and it didn't work, so Dimok worked on something he can do instead.
It can be done later, not necessarily "after" the design, it could be done at the same time. it just doesn't work yet. Dimok is not the only developer, working on a GUI doesn't mean other devs are doing nothing.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those things are possible and should be doable Cyan. The design has to be auto generated from the resolution if we want to duplicate the surfaces from TV screen to DRC.

About online feature:
The problem is that most of the things needed for that are in the IOSU from what I have seen. The configuration is inside the meta.xml and the meta.xml is handled mostly in the system menu (men.rpx) and IOSU. I have not found any trace of it in the kernel yet. As long as we don't have an IOSU exploit we can't have USB storages access and probably online gaming too. There are some stuff that can be tried but I dont see it as priority as it is not looking promising.
To those that think the GUI is only something "nice to have". That is only partially true. With the addition of the GUI I plan on doing a major change in the source code. There will be change in how the whole code is used. C++ STL and standard C library will be used. Other libraries like libpng and libjpeg can be linked and there is a lot of changes in the memory handling code. Also there will be things like settings and more. Its a major rework to make the code usable like a real homebrew and allow us and other homebrew developers to have an easy way of coding for later. Its not just polish the looks. Its a big milestone for homebrew application and game development.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got my WiiU today and honestly to spare you the pain my expertise does not lie in the Wii U scene. I have a basic understanding on how to use Loadiine, but is there any other required things I should look up?

My on-topic question here is how do you use updates/DLC? I have Smash and want the new fighters but dont want to update to 5.5 haha

If this is the wrong thread I apologize.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I got my WiiU today and honestly to spare you the pain my expertise does not lie in the Wii U scene. I have a basic understanding on how to use Loadiine, but is there any other required things I should look up?

My on-topic question here is how do you use updates/DLC? I have Smash and want the new fighters but dont want to update to 5.5 haha

If this is the wrong thread I apologize.
first thing first, get updates blocked using tubehax DNS or on router blocking....then take a few mins to read up here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Those things are possible and should be doable Cyan. The design has to be auto generated from the resolution if we want to duplicate the surfaces from TV screen to DRC.

About online feature:
The problem is that most of the things needed for that are in the IOSU from what I have seen. The configuration is inside the meta.xml and the meta.xml is handled mostly in the system menu (men.rpx) and IOSU. I have not found any trace of it in the kernel yet. As long as we don't have an IOSU exploit we can't have USB storages access and probably online gaming too. There are some stuff that can be tried but I dont see it as priority as it is not looking promising.
To those that think the GUI is only something "nice to have". That is only partially true. With the addition of the GUI I plan on doing a major change in the source code. There will be change in how the whole code is used. C++ STL and standard C library will be used. Other libraries like libpng and libjpeg can be linked and there is a lot of changes in the memory handling code. Also there will be things like settings and more. Its a major rework to make the code usable like a real homebrew and allow us and other homebrew developers to have an easy way of coding for later. Its not just polish the looks. Its a big milestone for homebrew application and game development.
That is quite interesting. Thank you for some background information.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,i will dump my Mario Kart 8 Disc,but i can't.Read FSA not working.After 10 minute nothing.
My Procedure:
1. Get the Official Kernel Exploit to run.
2. Get the TCP Gecko Client to connect.
3. Get to a static menu in the game:
MK8: Press - at the main menu to get to the Play Stats menu???

What is the Stat menu?Only press A by Intro Screen?

Call of Duty Ghost's and Assasins Creed 4 dumping works,but i can't MK8.Please help.

P.S.Sorry for my bad English

Ok ,it worked.

Another Question:
I need only German or English Language.Can i delete the other Language files(ITA,FR,Dutch...) or dont work?

Bye+

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can delete the other language files.
If you are not sure, delete them from the SD card only and keep them on your computer before being sure it doesn't break the game.

Deleting other region and languages can save lot of space in some games. that's a good practice to do, and if it saves lot of space please add it as note on the compat list, it will help other users.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to update my server, i just grabbed the latest zip from the github.

there are now 3 folders - www, server and just loadiine...what does the loadiine folder do?

previously i just had the 2 folders for www and server.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in the www folder, you have now loadiine (what you want) and Kernel (the kernel exploit to run before loadiine).
It wasn't in the sources and you had to go to another website or find it elsewhere to run it first, it's now provided.

Reactions: 2manyGames2play

GeneralSmiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man I have had such trouble with this one! Finally got it hosted on my own server, can now run the exploit with the usual level of success and I can access Loadiine (as long as I'm fast and stop it from reloading the bloody payload and crashing). However, when I get into Loadiine, the program responds oddly and if I use Miimaker or try to go to home page, I get DSI stack errors and Smash (Which I have in the drive) never launches or white screens and goes back to Loadiine. Anyone else having these problems? What am I doing wrong? I'm hosting the exploit on a Mavericks Mac OS Server, could that be causing my issues?

Thanks for responses in advance!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the www folder, you have now loadiine (what you want) and Kernel (the kernel exploit to run before loadiine).
It wasn't in the sources and you had to go to another website or find it elsewhere to run it first, it's now provided.

my mistake! i didnt delete the old ones, so thats why i had 3 folders. windows defender does NOT like loadiine lol had to deal with it going insane while i grabbed this.

thanks @Cyan

got it working, just of course the old SD reader is dead so no games for me :(

Last edited by VashTS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto