Old 3DS XL shuts off when closed (no popping noise)

Deleted member 667663

OP
Trophies
XP
So i've got a softmodded Old 3DS XL here (Latest Luma3DS and B9S) and it's acting a bit weird. Mostly works fine, controls, screens, audio, everything except whenever i close it as it then almost immediately shuts off. I looked around online for what could be the issue and i'm still not sure what it is. Haven't ever opened it up, system wasn't dropped once to my knowledge, and it charges just fine.

I can play on it just fine and it only turns off whenever i close it and i have to wait a while (with it opened) before i can turn it on again. It did turn off randomly this one time after i removed the game cart but i wasn't able to reproduce that. The consistent part is that i never once heard a popping noise coming out from it (From what i've read, a popping noise means that some ribbon cable might've come loose). This is actually my nephew's 3DS and they have an unfortunate habit of leaving things powered on and/or charging overnight and then forgetting about it, so it could be the battery?

I'm not an expert on hardware repairs at all so any help's appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO