Hardware Old 3DS @ 8.1 FW - My browser wont open webpages

a3venom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As title, I got an old 3ds unused for a long time - FW is 8.1. Wifi is connected, it will pass connection test, start updating firmware, open themes etc, but when I go to browser - all the bars disappear and it gives me a connection error.

How do I go about hacking this thing?
Have used different WiFi networks, not a WiFi issue.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
As title, I got an old 3ds unused for a long time - FW is 8.1. Wifi is connected, it will pass connection test, start updating firmware, open themes etc, but when I go to browser - all the bars disappear and it gives me a connection error.

How do I go about hacking this thing?
Have used different WiFi networks, not a WiFi issue.
Well, then your 3DS it's 8.1.0-0 I guess.
Your solution it's to get in 9.0 or newer to be able to launch a *hax payload
The only way to update directly to 9.0 or newer it's with a cart or a Sky3DS.
If cart: Buy a cart with a high version update from 9.0 to 11.2. Update partition version details at: http://3dsdb.com/
If Sky3DS: Buy a Sky3DS and update using this release if USA: Super.Smash.Bros.USA.READNFO.3DS-BigBlueBox or Gardening_Mama_Forest_Friends_EUR_MULTi5_3DS-PUSSYCAT if EUR.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean you're not wrong XD, isn't that a little much for just the browser though ;)
OK.... Hmm...You can update to 9.0 ~ 11.2 with a cart. Then, download on that iso site a package of the 11.2 update, and install it with sysupdater (you need to use fasthax before).... But that's more dangerous to do that than following The Guide 3ds.guide

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
OK.... Hmm...You can update to 9.0 ~ 11.2 with a cart. Then, download on that iso site a package of the 11.2 update, and install it with sysupdater (you need to use fasthax before).... But that's more dangerous to do that than following The Guide 3ds.guide
I already update a 1.0.0-0E 3DS to 9.2.0-E with sky 3ds + cooking mama, not so hard, then you can continue with the guide

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already update a 1.0.0-0E 3DS to 9.2.0-E with sky 3ds + cooking mama, not so hard, then you can continue with the guide
Yeah, but...
I mean you're not wrong XD, isn't that a little much for just the browser though ;)
So i suggest him another method, without the need of following the guide. But, yep, i don't recommend him to do that.
The best solution is 3ds.guide XD

Maybe you already have a game with 9.0 to 11.2 update.
http://www.3dsdb.com/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1