Old 2ds more Akku capacity

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can only store a certain amount of energy in limited space.
Unless your battery is worn/old/broken there is not much you can do but decrease brightness to the minimum and play DS software instead of 3DS software.

Batteries sold with unreasonable (inflated) capacity rating like… let's say 2500mAh… for replacing the original CTR-003, which has 1300mAh, are just a scam and may perform much worse than the normal battery. Printing on a big number doesn't make a high capacity battery.

Old 2DS lasts about 4 to 5 hours on lowest brightness setting. Should be enough for most gaming sessions. You could connect a powerbank (which certainly has some nostalgic value thinking of the rechargeable NiCd battery pack for the original Game Boy).

Or you could retrofit a bigger Li-Ion cell. I guess any Li-ion with Thermistor and properly connected will power up a 2|3DS. ← Okay, I said it, but the most important thing:↓↓↓↓

:!: Do not attempt to connect different kinds of batteries if you don't know what you are doing. Shorting a battery is dangerous. Connecting a battery with the wrong polarity, even for a split second, is known to cause severe damage on 2|3DS consoles!! :!:

Dynerx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless your battery is worn/old/broken there is not much you can do but decrease brightness to the minimum and play DS software instead of 3DS software.

Batteries sold with unreasonable (inflated) capacity rating like… let's say 2500mAh… for replacing the original CTR-003, which has 1300mAh, are just a scam and may perform much worse than the normal battery. Printing on a big number doesn't make a high capacity battery.

Old 2DS lasts about 4 to 5 hours on lowest brightness setting. Should be enough for most gaming sessions. You could connect a powerbank (which certainly has some nostalgic value thinking of the rechargeable NiCd battery pack for the original Game Boy).

Or you could retrofit a bigger Li-Ion cell. I guess any Li-ion with Thermistor and properly connected will power up a 2|3DS. ← Okay, I said it, but the most important thing:↓↓↓↓

:!: Do not attempt to connect different kinds of batteries if you don't know what you are doing. Shorting a battery is dangerous. Connecting a battery with the wrong polarity, even for a split second, is known to cause severe damage on 2|3DS console

:!: Do not attempt to connect different kinds of batteries if you don't know what you are doing. Shorting a battery is dangerous. Connecting a battery with the wrong polarity, even for a split second, is known to cause severe damage on 2|3DS consoles!! :!:
Where do I find the longer battery to buy?

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だよ
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
There are none. The 2DS is only designed for 1300 mAh. You can't extend the durability. You could buy a genuine, new battery and see if it holds longer.
The maximum gameplay that the 2DS is capable amounts from 3.5 to 5.5 hours (3DS) and up to 9 hours for DS games.

According to Nintendo, the New 3DS XL is the only system with a maximum battery life of ~7 hours when playing 3DS games. The New 2DS XL up to 6.5 hours. Maybe the 2DS XL is more interesting for you? Since you already have a 2DS only if you don't care about 3D.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You hopefully realize a longer battery (like the SPR-003) will not fit into the 2DS.
Just compare your running time with the official estimation. If it is much worse replace the battery. As far as I know Nintendo of Europe doesn't sell spare parts, including batteries, anymore for whatever nonsense reason. They absolutely want people to send in their devices, which makes no sense.
However, there are countless aftermarket batteries. They might be good or bad, but most of them are cheap so buying two or three different batteries will not cost a fortune.
I've had good experiences with Cellonic brand sold by – for example – subtel.de
(I'm NOT affiliated with either and can't guarantee they are still the same like when I bought them years ago)

The 2DS is only designed for 1300 mAh. You can't extend the durability.
To my knowledge the 3DS family doesn't have energy meter / coulomb counter / "fuel gauge" / "smart battery". The estimation shown in percent by Luma3DS is just a voltage meter. The console doesn't care for the size of the battery. If you connect (+), (-) and thermistor of a gigantic single cell li-ion to the battery terminals, the 2|3DS will turn on and stay on for as long as the giant battery lasts.
This is not practical as the giant battery has to go somewhere. Want to glue it on the back side?

Dynerx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You hopefully realize a longer battery (like the SPR-003) will not fit into the 2DS.
Just compare your running time with the official estimation. If it is much worse replace the battery. As far as I know Nintendo of Europe doesn't sell spare parts, including batteries, anymore for whatever nonsense reason. They absolutely want people to send in their devices, which makes no sense.
However, there are countless aftermarket batteries. They might be good or bad, but most of them are cheap so buying two or three different batteries will not cost a fortune.
I've had good experiences with Cellonic brand sold by – for example – subtel.de
(I'm NOT affiliated with either and can't guarantee they are still the same like when I bought them years ago)

To my knowledge the 3DS family doesn't have energy meter / coulomb counter / "fuel gauge" / "smart battery". The estimation shown in percent by Luma3DS is just a voltage meter. The console doesn't care for the size of the battery. If you connect (+), (-) and thermistor of a gigantic single cell li-ion to the battery terminals, the 2|3DS will turn on and stay on for as long as the giant battery lasts.
This is not practical as the giant battery has to go somewhere. Want to glue it on the back side?
Ok because I want to make it bigger ,bigger Akku a heat sink ....
And I will make my own back plate

Last edited by Dynerx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    startthematch @ startthematch: Anyone in uere