OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cabecerapo5.jpg

OKIWI the homebrew web browser in development has released more info on its release. There is said to be a demo release very soon, here is the information from the website.

Source

Im extremely excited, OKIWI all the way!
smile.gif
English version is at the bottom of the post.

------------

Pronto habrá una demo

Estos días he trabajado bastante en la interfaz gráfica y ahora estoy añadiendo un necesario teclado para permitir la entrada de texto en nuestra Nintendo DS.

Es mi intención publicar a muy corto plazo una demo que mostrará aquellas partes del software que ya pueden integrarse con otras y desempeñar su función, aunque sea incompleta. Espero que así se despejen definitivamente las dudas sobre la realidad del desarrollo de este navegador.

Sobre las colaboraciones, aunque agradezco que algunos os ofrezcáis para aportar gráficos o programación, el proyecto está cerrado a esto por el momento. Es probable que en un futuro eso cambie, y trate de formar un equipo. Si eso ocurriera, haría la petición en el blog y empezaría a recoger candidaturas a partir de ese momento.

Unas palabras para los traductores del blog: gracias por el trabajo que habéis hecho hasta ahora. De momento voy a encargarme yo de esta labor, hasta que el ritmo de actualizaciones vuelva a hacer aconsejable que me libere de ella.

Por cierto, ¡feliz 2007!

English version:

Soon there will be a demo

These days I've been working in the graphical user interface and now I'm including a necessary keyboard to allow text input in our Nintendo DS.

My intention is to publish in the very short term a demo which will show that pieces of the software that can integrate with each other yet and play their role, although in an incomplete fashion. I hope all doubts about this browser's development reality clear up this way.

About collaborations, altough I thank that some of you are offering to contribute with graphics or programming, the project is closed to this by now. It's probable that this changes in the future, and I try to make a team. If that happened, I'd make a request in the blog and I'd begin to gather applications from that point.

Some words to the blog translators: thank you for the work you've done till now. From here on I will deal with that task, until the updating frequency raises again making it advisable for me to leave it.

By the way, ¡happy 2007!

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, all I want is ONE screenshot....

Till then, I really am not too excited....

Out of curiosity, does anyone think this is a hoax?

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't seem like a hoax to me. I had read about OKIWI awhile back.. I completely forgot about it.

Hopefully this will be better than the real browser.

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Since the guy's still coding the platform from scratch I don't think we're to see screenshots anytime soon, graphical user interface is alomst the finishing touch.
Still I'm very pleased he didn't drop that homebrew of his.
yaynds.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, all homebrew app that use a keyboard on the DS.. suck.
I really don't have high expetations for this.

So suprize me. Can't wait.
toot.gif

Verocity

Ö!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No they dont the beup keyboard, works really great, now some others aren't that good though. Homebrew keyboards can be good, just depends. Besides all your going to be typing in is the address and browsing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill