Hacking ok so i have a problem with usb o_0

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. so i just got a sandisk 8GB 2.0 flash drive. i formatted it with WBFS. and i put a game on it, tested it and works perfect. now the problem is when i put it back onto my PC it says it could not open and needs to format. thanks to the stupid U3 software thats built into the USB flash. so i know if i format it, it will delete the WBFS and the game. but will i no longer be able to reformat it again with WBFS? when i load my USB it asks if i want to use it for only storage or do i want to use it with U3. what do i choose?
thanks in advance.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Windows asks to reformat merely because Windows (and all other operating systems) do not recognize WBFS. You can still browse through the stored ISOs via WBFS Manager and the likes. Should the drive get formatted as FAT32 for some reason, it could always be reformatted as WBFS.

I hope that helped.
smile.gif

P.S.- You can actually "remove" the U3 software. It's somewhere in the Launchpad Settings.

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o wait so can i still load it through WBF program and put games still on it ignoring the pop when i put the usb in ?? or do i have to reform at it first ?

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
Just ignore the message and load WBFS Manager (I think if you load the manager first it supresses the "format" message anyway).

... And yeah, as an owner of one of those Sandisk doohickeys I can confirm the uninstaller is built into the U3 menu but if your U3 install is trashed there's reinstall utility on the U3 website (the standalone uninstaller failed on my U3, had to reinstall the U3 menu then use that to remove itself).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1