OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey all.
Today morning I was checking my facebook home page, and I see that my favorite video game store updated their status:

"Hey gamers, we just got Kinect in our store for you to try! Starts 6:00 PM today! Be one of the first to try gaming technology like you've never seen before!"

HOLY CRAP I HAVE TO SEE IT NAO.

I'll check it out in a few days and hopefully post a video for you guys to see.
yay.gif

Oh yeah and if anyone managed to get hid/her hands on kinect then please post it in this thread.

So this thread is like the Kinect first hands on and stuff. K?
smile.gif

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
The biggest problem Kinect has is that it's serverly overpriced. Anyone who buys one at launch is a fool (or works in the press); not many developers have commited to it properly and the launch lineup is shoddy, to say the least.
If it was about £60 then I'd be considering it.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
If you're going to get your hands on it you're using it incorrectly.
I lol'd a lot at that.

I have a 360, and despite it being the only console I currently have, I think Kinect is going to fail big time. It's obviously more marketed towards families than individual gamers, and I'm sure most families looking for a fun, family-experience game/gaming system already have a Wii.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was an actual controller you use with it:

1) Buttons. Seems to be the biggest complaint about Kinect (Besides the price).
2) It just feels weird to move/interact with a game by a webcam, since you aren't holding anything. I'm probably the only one that thinks this...Lol.

D

Deleted-247497

theres no way im paying $150 for kinect, ESPECIALLY since theres no games im interested in coming out yet

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a problem with Kinect but I can see a computer/wireless device somehow causing interference. If Microsoft really wanted the 'hardcore' to buy it, they would make a Halo 1 & 2 Kinect. I guarantee people will buy it for that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
Depravo said:
If you're going to get your hands on it you're using it incorrectly.
I lol'd a lot at that.

I have a 360, and despite it being the only console I currently have, I think Kinect is going to fail big time. It's obviously more marketed towards families than individual gamers, and I'm sure most families looking for a fun, family-experience game/gaming system already have a Wii.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was an actual controller you use with it:

1) Buttons. Seems to be the biggest complaint about Kinect (Besides the price).
2) It just feels weird to move/interact with a game by a webcam, since you aren't holding anything. I'm probably the only one that thinks this...Lol.
That's where it'll fail most as that's not what the core 360 audience want. The core 360 base wants Halo, Gears of War...precision in their FPS's, not lag and waving in the air to try and get the thing to work with no buttons.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Rowan said:
it's $199 in the UK
Bullshit, it's £129 for the peripheral and Kinect adventures.
http://www.game.co.uk/natal/?cm_mmc=BMM-G-...l-_-kinect%20uk

Still too much though, for what's essentially a wii imitation.

Ummmm, not bullshit.

$200 is £130, but still too much.

Im not sure what to think about Kinect, I dont have an Xbox so I wont be getting it. Although I have to admit, it does look kind of interesting.

If you think this is a Wii imitation, wait until the PSMove comes out, that is a complete ripoff IMHO.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
blink.gif
I NEVER expected the TEMP (especially cause it's a gaming site) to hate Kinect this much.
I love my Wii over ALL the other gaming consoles in the WORLD. Don't get me wrong guys.
But look, I'm no couch potato and I LOVE the motion idea. I got the Wii cause it has motion, and was the only motion controlled console for it's time. However, the motion in the Wii is not really accurate but was good enough to make a hit.
Now seeing Kinect, there's some advanced motion. Yes, it is "copying" the Wii.
But it's like saying Nintendo copied SONY with buttons. Know what I mean? I don't call this copying it's simply video gaming and technology evolving over time.
I'll tell you what copying is in my opinion, the PSP. It phails. And they always release a new PSP right after a DS is released to add functions the DS didn't have. That's mean. The PSP copied the DS in like a million ways (I think they're too obvious to type down.) Just wait and you'll see a PSP with 2 screens.
So, as I was saying. Kinect isn't a copy of the Wii. The Wii has some really nice non-violent games that made big hits (e.g Mario Galaxy 2).
Xbox and Kinect have some more violent games that made it a hit. (e.g Yesterday's HALO REACH and MW2.)
I hope you know where I'm going with this.
I'm just saying, each system is different and unique as long as no one is copying the other.
Kinect is brand new, with better motion control.
I'm NEVER replacing my Wii with anything else.
I'm simply expanding the range of motion games I play by adding a console.
OK, I made my point clear.
Now, back to the topic.

Today noon I called the store. It was this Indian who answered and can't speak English all that well, but I'm used to it, we have tons of those around. (No offense Indians, I'm no racist
wink.gif
) Anyway, I began asking: "So I heard about the Kinect demo on facebook 2 days ago so I wanted to ask if you still have the demo in you're store." He replied in bad English but I was 120% sure he meant that today is the last day of the demo and that the demo starts at night so I'd better not miss it. In the evening I got dressed and went down to the mall and in the store. There was no demo or anything. I asked the guys on the counter where the Kinect demo was. They said "Aah, Kinect. Phinish Yesterday"
I kind of fumed.
I then started sorta arguing "You guys told me on the phone that today would be the last day and now you tell me it ended yesterday?!"
Then an Indian man on the left looked shocked and put his hand on his mouth and said "Oops... Sorry". That was the guy I talked to on the phone. There you have the story of why I couldn't see/show you Kinect.
Anyway at like 10:00 I talked to my friend who's like a huge Xbox fan. She said she saw the Kinect demo yesterday and said it was simply stunning. Really wished I saw it.

Anyway guys, if you manage to see kinect anywhere, remember, post here.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
Xbox and Kinect have some more violent games that made it a hit. (e.g Yesterday's HALO REACH and MW2.)
Neither Reach nor MW2 have any sort of Kinect compatibility. I'm pretty sure there will never be a Kinect-compatible FPS game.

:yaybuttons:

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Thoob said:
TheTwoR's said:
Neither Reach nor MW2 have any sort of Kinect compatibility. I'm pretty sure there will never be a Kinect-compatible FPS game.

Ugh whatever you get the point
tongue.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thoob said:

Exactly

I like the whole idea of pushing a button, then i'll have complete reassurance in what i'm doing

dnt get me wrong, its not that i "hate" kinect it's just that i really see no pt (very overprice as well) even if this were 50$ fuck it, i'll never even waste my time; same applies to Move.

Livin in a box

Trophies
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
Thoob said:
TheTwoR's said:

Ugh whatever you get the point
tongue.gif
Ermm no I don't. You're implying that there are going to be some great hardcore shooters for Kinect but...*looks around* I can't see many, if any at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    fun fact
  • light27 @ light27:
    the first time i ever played on a wii u EVER was when I was getting my ear tubes removed
  • light27 @ light27:
    i was playing wii party
  • light27 @ light27:
    u*
  • light27 @ light27:
    but i only got to play for like
  • light27 @ light27:
    3 seconds
  • light27 @ light27:
    younger me would've never thought that I would have a wii u now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +2
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1...