Hacking Hardware Homebrew OFW and CFW are the same.

TeddyBearTerror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed all of the directions, but my ofw and cfw are the same. I load into them separately from hekate. Cfw 17.0.1 AMS Ofw 17.0. Profile and Games show on both also. Even tinfoil installs on ofw side. Please help.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The only difference between ofw and cfw is whether you patch the OS or not.
Best practive is to create a EmuMMC for cfw and use SysMMC for ofw. This way you separate the two. If you didn't create a EmuMMC or if you use SysMMC for cfw then the things you install while in cfw will be installed in SysMMC hence that is also visible from ofw.
Hope that made sense :)

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have followed all of the directions

What directions did you follow? It sounds like you either didn't create an emuMMC or that your ini is set to boot to CFW (sysMMC) and stock, instead of CFW (emuMMC) and stock. I recommend stating what directions you followed and posting your hekate ini file as another user suggested.

TeddyBearTerror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What directions did you follow? It sounds like you either didn't create an emuMMC or that your ini is set to boot to CFW (sysMMC) and stock, instead of CFW (emuMMC) and stock. I recommend stating what directions you followed and posting your hekate ini file as another user suggested.

Can you share us your hekate config?
Here is my configuration. It works on my other switch, but not on this one.
Post automatically merged:

Put files to root of sd. Create partition. Create emuMMC.

Attachments

• 20240327_081038.jpg
    20240327_081038.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited by TeddyBearTerror,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is my configuration. It works on my other switch, but not on this one.

Put files to root of sd. Create partition. Create emuMMC.

The ini looks okay. As far as which directions you used, I meant what guide did you use to mod your Switch? Rentry, NH, or some YouTube video or AIO pack? Also, was the emuMMC created when the Switch already had a bunch of games on it and with your profile set up? If so, naturally the emuMMC is going to appear to be the same as the sysMMC. Do as Hayato said, look in system settings at your FW version to see if one has and E and the other has an S. If so, you should be good to go.

TeddyBearTerror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ini looks okay. As far as which directions you used, I meant what guide did you use to mod your Switch? Rentry, NH, or some YouTube video or AIO pack? Also, was the emuMMC created when the Switch already had a bunch of games on it and with your profile set up? If so, naturally the emuMMC is going to appear to be the same as the sysMMC. Do as Hayato said, look in system settings at your FW version to see if one has and E and the other has an S. If so, you should be good to go.

I used a YouTube video. Got the files from github. It worked on my old switch. I thought it was weird when I booted up. And all of my games and profile were Already loaded.

Is there a way to wipe the switch And start over?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used a YouTube video. Got the files from github. It worked on my old switch. I thought it was weird when I booted up. And all of my games and profile were Already loaded.

Is there a way to wipe the switch And start over?

Before starting over, boot into "Atmosphere" from your Hekate menu. Now select the cog wheel on the home screen and then to System on the left hand side. On the top it lists your FW. Is there an E or an S after the FW version? Now do the same after booting into "Stock". Is there an E or S after the FW version? Check both, then post back here. You may not need to start over.

If you want to start from scratch, just wipe your SD card and follow one of these guides instead of a YouTube video, as the YouTube videos are usually outdated.

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

If you follow the nh-server guide, you'll have to also download the files from the first post in this thread and put them on your SD card: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Last bit of help for now, be careful to not update your Switch to 18.0 for the time being. Keep airplane mode on (bluetooth can be enabled when airplane mode is on to still use Joycons when not attached to the tablet).

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

TeddyBearTerror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before starting over, boot into "Atmosphere" from your Hekate menu. Now select the cog wheel on the home screen and then to System on the left hand side. On the top it lists your FW. Is there an E or an S after the FW version? Now do the same after booting into "Stock".

If I check the system from where it tells me It's ready for an update. I know not to update to 18. I will try again using one of the guides that you provided later tonight after work.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I check the system from where it tells me It's ready for an update. I know not to update to 18. I will try again using one of the guides that you provided later tonight after work.

1) Enable Airplane Mode on both "Atmosphere" and "Stock"
2) Disable Auto-RCM if enabled
3) Completely power down the Switch
4) While holding the volume button down (both - & +), press and hold the power button
5) Let go of the power button once the Nintendo logo appears, but keep holding the volume button until the Maintenance Mode screen appears
6) Let go of the volume button once the Maintenance Mode screen appears, then press the power button to power off the Switch
7) You can now re-enable Auto-RCM if it was previously enabled

That pending update will now be gone on the next reboot and it will now correctly show your FW version (and the E or S). Try again after clearing the update and post back. Remember to turn airplane mode on first so it doesn't redownload the update.

TeddyBearTerror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4) While holding the volume button down (both - & +), press and hold the power button
5) Let go of the power button once the Nintendo logo appears, but keep holding the volume button until the Maintenance Mode screen appears
6) Let go of the volume button once the Maintenance Mode screen appears, then press the power button to power off the Switch

That pending update will now be gone on the next reboot and it will now correctly show your FW version (and the E or S). Try again after clearing the update and post back. Remember to turn airplane mode on first so it doesn't redownload the update.

Thanks... I'll try this as soon as I get home.

There is an S after the firmware. 17.0.1 Ams 1.6.2!s

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks... I'll try this as soon as I get home.

There is an S after the firmware. 17.0.1 Ams 1.6.2!s

It says that for both "Atmosphere" and "Stock"? I would then suggest you go ahead with wiping the sd card & starting over with one of the guides mentioned. It really doesn't take too long and since you've done some of it before it should be a breeze for the most part.

TeddyBearTerror

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says that for both "Atmosphere" and "Stock"? I would then suggest you go ahead with wiping the sd card & starting over with one of the guides mentioned. It really doesn't take too long and since you've done some of it before it should be a breeze for the most part.

I will do tomorrow. It's weird because I've done the process with other switches with no problem. But when I do the exact same process with my current switch I get the same result.

I will do tomorrow. It's weird because I've done the process with other switches with no problem. But when I do the exact same process with my current switch I get the same result.
It works correctly now. Thanks guys

Last edited by TeddyBearTerror,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto