Officially-licensed Overwatch case for the Switch appears, hinting at a possible port

F20F4E74-9195-4CF6-87C5-1082D49F1DD4.jpeg

Porting older titles to the Nintendo Switch has become a common occurrence. Many well-received games, from a wealth of different developers: Rockstar’s L.A. Noire, Bethesda’s Skyrim, Capcom’s Okami HD, and dozens of others have managed to find a new home on Nintendo’s incredibly popular console. That’s why it’s not really so surprising to hear of the latest port tease, which happens to be Overwatch. What is a surprise, however, is the method of the possible reveal. An accidental Amazon listing from accessory manufacturer PowerA happened to go live clearly before it was meant to. The product is your average everyday Switch carrying case, but with the colors and logo of Blizzard’s massively popular shooter, Overwatch, plastered upon it. Before the listing was taken down, the product description noted that the case was officially licensed by both Nintendo and Blizzard, leading to massive buzz over the possibility of a port of the game to the Nintendo Switch. The page also notated that the case would release on September 15th, which, if the listing is to be trusted, hints at us seeing an official announcement prior to that date.

:arrow: Source

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
well, if they indeed make a port, i believe maybe its a bit too late... the game has been released in 2016.. i mean, cool i guess but whatever..
they added so many heroes and mechanics i am wondering how playable or watered down the switch version will be..
and i am questioning about the costs.. in pc you buy the game for 20 bucks and done... in the ps4 version you need to get the game and playstation plus thing that you pay every month... i dont remember or know if you require a subscription to play switch games online..
while "Führer night" is free all over the place
i wanted my cousins to play overwatch but because the other one is free they all go for it..

SquidGuy

GBAtemp's official killer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well, if they indeed make a port, i believe maybe its a bit too late... the game has been released in 2016.. i mean, cool i guess but whatever..
they added so many heroes and mechanics i am wondering how playable or watered down the switch version will be..
and i am questioning about the costs.. in pc you buy the game for 20 bucks and done... in the ps4 version you need to get the game and playstation plus thing that you pay every month... i dont remember or know if you require a subscription to play switch games online..
while "Führer night" is free all over the place
i wanted my cousins to play overwatch but because the other one is free they all go for it..
Well we can play together

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol