Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
http://www.playstati...ta/index_e.html

Sony is facilitating homebrew.

I'm surprised this isn't on here yet. It seems Sony is officially supporting homebrew.
The PlayStation Suite SDK has been announced quite some time ago. Sony never really fought againts homebrew, they fought againts hacking and exploiting their systems.

They have a long tradition of releasing suites like this, starting with the Net Yaroze through PS2 Linux and finally the PlayStation Suite. Unfortunatelly I'm pretty sure that this SDK limits the possibilities of using Vita's resources - it's aimed at Certified Android devices, the Vita only piggy-backs to it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From what I understand, the problem with this SDK is that it does not produce "native" Vita binaries, only Android Apps wrapped neatly into a launcher of sorts. Rather than directly accessing hardware, the launcher interprets the embedded application and allows access to hardware - it's a VM-like setup.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh chage the topic title plz
sony will never support homebrew ,or emulators
and as i saw now on their site it is only ment for android so bye bye kernel acess on vita
if it was true they wouldnt bother to close the loopholes on exploits ment for homebrew..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf