Hacking odd issue(s) with retro emulator(s), and what to use for these games?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you tried the Mame emu? I saw that someone had the Simpson game working
I have not once in any build or any release ever got MAME to work, ever. The closest I'd come to that was MAME4ALL on the DStwo, but the only MAME I could find on PSP refused to recognize ANY of the romset that I even had for the DStwo, much less any of the games on the list.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have not once in any build or any release ever got MAME to work, ever. The closest I'd come to that was MAME4ALL on the DStwo, but the only MAME I could find on PSP refused to recognize ANY of the romset that I even had for the DStwo, much less any of the games on the list.

Did you also had the right bios of the games? I saw a lot of people that had sayd they got the games working on Mame and another hmm

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just usually get a romset for the game in question. For example like the GP2X romset that ends up working pretty much perfect for the DStwo's MAME4ALL emulator. I have to get some other BIOS file too now? most sites that do individual MAME roms don't even list BIOSes, much less list what's needed.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just usually get a romset for the game in question. For example like the GP2X romset that ends up working pretty much perfect for the DStwo's MAME4ALL emulator. I have to get some other BIOS file too now? most sites that do individual MAME roms don't even list BIOSes, much less list what's needed.

Which psp model are you using, psp go, psp 2000 ecc?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the regular PSP and PS1 games? No.

But again, I've yet to find a build of MAME that ever effin' works.

It's the same story on my PC when I try to use MAME for anything. Four different sites can all offer the same file, with the same MD5, but then I can't find a build of MAME that will actually run it, ever. It took me MONTHS to even find one that would even TRY to run Die Hard Arcade, so I don't have high expectations for that one; it's just one I really would like to get running on the PSP if I could. But stuff like Simpsons Arcade, Ninja Baseball Batman and X-Men shouldn't be any problem to run.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the regular PSP and PS1 games? No.

But again, I've yet to find a build of MAME that ever effin' works.

It's the same story on my PC when I try to use MAME for anything. Four different sites can all offer the same file, with the same MD5, but then I can't find a build of MAME that will actually run it, ever. It took me MONTHS to even find one that would even TRY to run Die Hard Arcade, so I don't have high expectations for that one; it's just one I really would like to get running on the PSP if I could. But stuff like Simpsons Arcade, Ninja Baseball Batman and X-Men shouldn't be any problem to run.

http://mame32fx.altervista.org/home.htm Have you tried this? Someone had problems with Die hard arcade, and after he tried this, he said that it worked.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://mame32fx.altervista.org/home.htm Have you tried this? Someone had problems with Die hard arcade, and after he tried this, he said that it worked.
Wow... imagine that. Finally, a build of MAME that actually managed to run it on the first try.

That said, it seems to be trying to render in a way where it all looks like it's emulating a curved, tube TV on top of its rendering duties, which honestly is kind of distracting when I have an LCD monitor in front of me. I wonder how to change that on here, since it doesn't seem like there's any obvious way to do so.

Other than that, I guess now it's a matter of finding a build of MAME for the PSP that will at least be able to run the other games on the list. As I said, I don't have high hopes of Die Hard Arcade being possible to run on any build of MAME on the PSP, but the others should at least be possible, right?

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow... imagine that. Finally, a build of MAME that actually managed to run it on the first try.

That said, it seems to be trying to render in a way where it all looks like it's emulating a curved, tube TV on top of its rendering duties, which honestly is kind of distracting when I have an LCD monitor in front of me. I wonder how to change that on here, since it doesn't seem like there's any obvious way to do so.

Other than that, I guess now it's a matter of finding a build of MAME for the PSP that will at least be able to run the other games on the list. As I said, I don't have high hopes of Die Hard Arcade being possible to run on any build of MAME on the PSP, but the others should at least be possible, right?

Another solution would be downgrading to a version that works great for emulator, but i don't remember if it could the pro version.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, back to the PSP at hand... is there an emulator I could use on it that would work for these games? Considering both are running 6.20 ProC(fix3), one that works on the PSP go should work on my 3K.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, back to the PSP at hand... is there an emulator I could use on it that would work for these games? Considering both are running 6.20 ProC(fix3), one that works on the PSP go should work on my 3K.

Did you tried Dosbox? A friend of my did say that all games must work on the dosbox, but he is using the 6.60 and sayd that it is the best version for now hmm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show