ROM Hack RELEASE Octopath Traveler Visual Clarity Patch

Canzah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you make this mod for Triangle Strategy? It just got leaked today.
Please 720p for handheld (Triangle Strategy) it looks soooo bad. Octopath Traveler looks so much better
It's on my to-do, but you'll need to wait as due to recent events (Russian invasion of Ukraine) I don't really have time to work on this.

qlip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is it possible to manually change the patch so that it only increases the resolution or keeps depth of field enabled etc?

dragnipur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just bumping this to say that live a live is MUCH clearer than octopath and triangle strategy and brings it in line more with this visual clarity patch.

thank god they dialed down the ugly ass blur and bloom

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Made a "visual clarity" mod for Triangle Strategy, Live A Live conviced me that raw pixels looks better (at least for me).
default.jpg

Mod
clarity_mod.jpg

Also dialing down the bloom and antialiasing increases the game performance allowing for 1080p fixed in docked, 720p fixed in handheld.

Attachments

• TriangleStrategy_graphic_mod.rar
    6.1 KB · Views: 92

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Previous mod had some framerate problems when you focus the view in areas with many DOF, I made some tweaks and now it's fixed. Please report if you find performance issues, I'm not that far in the game so I can't test.

Attachments

• triangle_strategy_clarity_mod.rar
    5.9 KB · Views: 96

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Octopath Traveler this mod is based on @Canzah work, get rid off redundant .ini files, it keeps the overall feel of the game intact, bloom, DOF, just antialiasing is toned down to achieve a more pixeled characters, and less blurry image

Attachments

• OctoPath_Traveler_graphic_mod.rar
    11.5 KB · Views: 108

Melozules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a "visual clarity" mod for Triangle Strategy, Live A Live conviced me that raw pixels looks better (at least for me).
View attachment 319139

Mod
View attachment 319140

Also dialing down the bloom and antialiasing increases the game performance allowing for 1080p fixed in docked, 720p fixed in handheld.
Woah! This looks awesome

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a mod like this for Octopath 2? Would love to play 720p in handheld.

Seconding this, i tried myself since i successfully made ini mods for SMTV and Triangle strategy and i managed to extract the config files but somehow can't get the game to load modded pak files without crashing if anyone has a solution please post it here.

Last edited by tet666,

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seconding this, i tried myself since i successfully made ini mods for SMTV and Triangle strategy and i managed to extract the config files but somehow can't get the game to load modded pak files without crashing if anyone has a solution please post it here.
Is there a mod like this for Octopath 2? Would love to play 720p in handheld.
https://github.com/ChanseyIsTheBest.../0100A3501946E000/cheats/65619A04B8A04B10.txt

Cheat here by sds for Octopath 2, lets you change rendering resolution, framerate target and Unreal 4 settings, i.e. shadows, lens flare, DOF.

alucardx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Octopath Traveler this mod is based on @Canzah work, get rid off redundant .ini files, it keeps the overall feel of the game intact, bloom, DOF, just antialiasing is toned down to achieve a more pixeled characters, and less blurry image
Does this mod also increase the resolution in handheld? Is there any way to achieve that?

alucardx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So in docked it works at 1280x720? Cause the OP mod changes handheld resolution from 1024x576 to 1280x720.

Thing is I love the game art's direction, with DOF, but I also like the highest possible resolution for sharpness

Revreho

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
It's on my to-do, but you'll need to wait as due to recent events (Russian invasion of Ukraine) I don't really have time to work on this.

Any chance you could create an Octopath 2 version of your patch? The cheat version quoted in the thread is out of date due to a newer patch and I like your settings the best. Absolutely would not have gotten through the game without your Octopath 1 patch.

Stay safe

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Any chance you could create an Octopath 2 version of your patch? The cheat version quoted in the thread is out of date due to a newer patch and I like your settings the best. Absolutely would not have gotten through the game without your Octopath 1 patch.

Stay safe
I have a romfs patch for Octopath 2 sitting on about 2 months ago, but it’s super basic, I just disabled antialiasing, all other effects are intact.
Had to take a different aproach with this one as most settings seems to be hardcoded in the main, hopefully it still calls parameters in scalability.
The game now looks more pixelated, and that's it.

Attachments

• Octopath_Traveller_II_noAA.rar
    8.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by cucholix,

Treskatae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this in theory, but I wish there were a way to keep the background blur. It seems clear to me that it was never intended to be in focus. Some of the backgrounds are just texture patterns. I also don't know if it's enough to convince me to actually play Octopath.

Revreho

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I have a romfs patch for Octopath 2 sitting on about 2 months ago, but it’s super basic, I just disabled antialiasing, all other effects are intact.
Had to take a different aproach with this one as most settings seems to be hardcoded in the main, hopefully it still calls parameters in scalability.
The game now looks more pixelated, and that's it.

Just gave it a whirl, appreciate it but it's mainly the

--Bloom, Depth of Field and Motion Blur are disabled

from Canzah's patch that I'm after. I do understand that the tilt-shift look is what they're going for but it just gives me massive eyestrain since I look at the edges of the screen for paths and items.

Still, thanks for sharing, I hope it will still help someone who just needs the AA disabled, plus if Canzah can't do the patch I can at least learn to fiddle with yours for starters.

I like this in theory, but I wish there were a way to keep the background blur. It seems clear to me that it was never intended to be in focus. Some of the backgrounds are just texture patterns. I also don't know if it's enough to convince me to actually play Octopath.

It definitely never was, but there is one scene that lives rent-free in my head where one of the characters stands on a hill, looks out and goes "It's...beautiful..." and the camera pans up to a blurry building. I legitimately laughed out loud at that one. That combined with the aforementioned eyestrain was what made me look for OP's patch in the first place.

Edit: The graphic cheats on Github are updated for the latest version, patch no longer needed

Last edited by Revreho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1