Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
QUOTE said:
This comes after one of the biggest companies, Anthem Blue Cross of California, announced it would raise premiums by as much as 39% from 1 March.
At what point is it going to be cheaper to pay the bill than to pay insurance?

It usually is cheaper to pay the bill for the average person. This makes sense, as insurance companies are just businesses and they need to make a profit like any other business.

It's just that since most people just have their health insurance taken out of their check (and their workplace pays most of it), they don't really notice the true cost.

That's why this has me so angry. This bill proposes that I have to be a customer to someone's business? F That.

Llama Riot

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Makes more sense for the government to distribute drugs directly, saves a ton of money in the long run and makes it easier for the them to fast track more 'experimental' medications into the populace. Personally I am against any further conglomeration of power by the government in any manner but at this point it makes little difference.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
Guild McCommunist said:
No new healthcare bill is going to change Republican support. Even if Dems suck Republican cock over healthcare, Republicans will stay say "No" because they simply want to block any type of Democratic bill or objective, whether it's good or not. For Christ's sake, they even voted against expanding the Hate Crimes bill that was gonna protect gays and such. Not to mention most Republicans are deep in the pockets of healthcare companies.

This.

Nothing Obama proposes will see the light of day because Republicans are hell bent on giving Democrats a hard time and promoting their selfish agenda.

I'm not sure how Republicans have anything to do with anything considering Democrats have a huge majority in both houses of congress and a seat in the White House. If they can't pass a bill now it is completely their own doing. Selfish= Working hard and supporting yourself?
unsure.gif
Not that Republicans always stand for the individual, but they claim to most of the time, but like I said any form of government conflicts the interest of the public.

Centimetro said:
purplesludge said:
This comes after one of the biggest companies, Anthem Blue Cross of California, announced it would raise premiums by as much as 39% from 1 March.
At what point is it going to be cheaper to pay the bill than to pay insurance?

It usually is cheaper to pay the bill for the average person. This makes sense, as insurance companies are just businesses and they need to make a profit like any other business.

It's just that since most people just have their health insurance taken out of their check (and their workplace pays most of it), they don't really notice the true cost.

That's why this has me so angry. This bill proposes that I have to be a customer to someone's business? F That.

THIS. Why can't people understand that insurance is a business, a lot like a lottery. Obviously, since they stay in business, most people are paying more than they receive back. It's not unfair, no one is forced to sign the papers (yet
wink.gif
)

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
here in europe the health care is fine. only the fallen dutch govrnment wanted to change it to the american style (wich is worse).
so I hope the European system stays the same and obama will get his idea working in america.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Bixbite said:
I love paying for things I don't need, and I love people forcing me to do things a certain way.

Best day ever!

I know what you mean, I pay taxes for the fire service and that guy down the street whose house burned down got all the benefit! Plus I pay taxes for schools and I don't even have kids, if only I could keep that little portion of my income and live in a country where hardly anyone was educated then I'm sure I'd be much happier.

Foie said:
Maybe they believe that everything the government touches turns to crap and think that free markets can do things better.

The so called "free market" health care system (which is actually an incredibly uncompetitive cabal of companies) has already been proven not to work. Not that you needed a proof of concept, seeing as how a child could see that any companies in such a system stupid enough to offer health insurance to people who are definitely going to need it wouldn't last very long.

And maybe they think that America has one of the most advanced medical systems in the world and don't want it to fall to the crappy level that is the UK's or Canada's healthcare systems.

What impression do you get of the UK health system over there? I have a feeling it probably doesn't tally with what I've experienced. A hint should be that there are no political parties whatsoever opposed to the NHS and the Conservative Party is actually running its election campaign calling itself "The party of the NHS" Any party that wanted to scrap nationalised healthcare would be unelectable, And by that, I don't mean would come second, I mean would come a maximum of fourth or fifth. If nationalised healthcare is so bad, why doesn't the vast majority of the western world where such a system is in place vote to change it?

The current system in the US is 100% against the American dream and entrepreneurism, seeing as it's a much safer bet to go into some crappy job with a health plan than to invest your money in starting up your own business knowing that if you fall ill before you make it you're going to be much worse off than if you took the safe option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...