Hacking O3DS after playing for some time - I'm out of ideas

justneet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on an O3DS, with the latest firmware, and on Luma 8.1 For some time, now, I keep getting crashes when I play any game. It takes a while - from almost immediately to hours in, but it eventually ended up coming with an arm 11 exception. I tried reinstalling Luma today, and after a lot of messing around (I don't have access to a computer at the moment), I managed to get it set up. However, now, when I go play monster hunter stories, I eventually get a mhrlocal error I haven't managed to play long enough to see if the arm 11 exception will still happen again.

I'm sorry if I haven't been able to explain this well, I've just been trying to figure this out for way too long today, but it's really getting grating. I couldn't find a similar issue, and in the end it's just circling back to me trying to play and saving obsessively so I can avoid losing much next time it crashes.

Could it be the actual console? Or is it something I can fix?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The latest versions of Luma aren't really that stable in the sense you get a LOT of exception handler messages. Try reinstalling the game if it's download version in case it's the files that are bad and if it always happens when you do the same one thing then it could be that part that's broken (eg: I can't use the combo list in 4U since the files for it in romfs have gotten messed up). If it's just one part, avoid it, but it should fix by reinstalling.

Reactions: justneet

justneet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The latest versions of Luma aren't really that stable in the sense you get a LOT of exception handler messages. Try reinstalling the game if it's download version in case it's the files that are bad and if it always happens when you do the same one thing then it could be that part that's broken (eg: I can't use the combo list in 4U since the files for it in romfs have gotten messed up). If it's just one part, avoid it, but it should fix by reinstalling.
I'll give that a try, then! I think... I've solved the arm 11 errors, or at least I hope I did, so I hope that reinstalling the game can help with this last bit. I never thought I'd need a stability update, but here I am. :P

justneet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you, I'll do that!! I end up not using Rosalina much, not being an advanced user, but I like what I can do with it - but using my 3DS without it crashing is a priority. I guess legacy build it is!
If you want to be able to use both, you can put this one in the luma/payloads folder, and hold Start on boot then choose it from the chainloader menu. If you start up normally then you get your normal one with working Rosalina.

Reactions: justneet

justneet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want to be able to use both, you can put this one in the luma/payloads folder, and hold Start on boot then choose it from the chainloader menu. If you start up normally then you get your normal one with working Rosalina.
That's good to know! Thank you for the information, I'll be trying that!!

Reactions: Quantumcat

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I've had a kinda similar issue. Sometimes my SD Card will automatically "unmount" itself, throwing up "generic" error, "SD removed" errors, and all kinds of other errors. This only happened when I updated to Luma 8... :thinking:

justneet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've done all recommended things and, so far, it's all stable - it's the longest time I've managed to play without a crash in a little while. I'm still going to be wary for a while, but I'm already glad that I can go this long without a crash, so thank you, guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol