Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey everyone,

I have a O3DS with FW 4.5.0-0 which means I don't have a browser so I can't use browser exploit to install menuhax and CFW.

Is there a way to install the browser manually and/or update to 9.2 with browser, or is there any other way to access the Homebrew launcher and install CFW?

Thanks in advance!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to install just the browser without finding another way to hack your 3DS first.

Setup rxTools on 4.5 using this guide if you have a normal DS flashcart that works on your 3DS. If you don't have a DS flashcart, it is recommended you buy or borrow one; it is your cheapest and easiest option for you to set up CFW in your specific situation. After you setup rxTools on 4.5, you can carefully follow the steps under the subheading How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 in the guide above. This will allow you to use the browser, menuhax, etc. instead.

If you don't have a DS flashcart and don't want to buy one, your options are limited and are as follows:
  • Use Cubic Ninja to launch Ninjhax
  • Find a game cartridge with the 9.0-9.2 update and update your 3DS. Afterwards, find a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D and a way to install oot3dhax to the game cartridge (someone else's hacked 3DS, powersaves, etc.)
Edit:
  • If you wish to install a hardmod, you could potentially update to 10.5, downgrade to 10.3, and then downgrade to 9.2. However, this method is not recommended compared to the easy methods listed above.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: GoodCookie88

Temarile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you both for your answers.
I guess I have to buy a Ds flashcard that works on 3ds. I actually to have a r4 card but it doesn't work on 3ds, ds lite only unfortunately.

Cubic ninja is almost nowhere available where I live and OoT is way more expensive than a flashcard. I do have my N3DS with CFW up and running with OoT but I can't use that, right?

I've read that hard modding is a bit risky, I'd rather play it safe and buy a flashcard instead. I was planning on doing that anyway so I can play Dragon Quest, haha.

Thanks again! Just one more thing; what card works on 3ds and where can I buy one? The Netherlands ideally :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I have to buy a Ds flashcard that works on 3ds. I actually to have a r4 card but it doesn't work on 3ds, ds lite only unfortunately.

Cubic ninja is almost nowhere available where I live and OoT is way more expensive than a flashcard. I do have my N3DS with CFW up and running with OoT but I can't use that, right?

I've read that hard modding is a bit risky, I'd rather play it safe and buy a flashcard instead. I was planning on doing that anyway so I can play Dragon Quest, haha.

Thanks again! Just one more thing; what card works on 3ds and where can I buy one? The Netherlands ideally :)
You can get a Cubic Ninja cartridge online, but it's also going to be more expensive than a DS flashcart.

Without a physical copy of Ocarina of Time 3D, oot3dhax is not an option. However, if you were to get a copy and somehow update your 3DS to 9.0-9.2, you could use your hacked N3DS to install oot3dhax to the Ocarina of Time 3D physical cartridge.

As to which flashcart you should get, that's up to you. Visit a reseller site like nds-card.com and find one that's advertised to work on the 3DS. Anything that's advertised to work on 3DS version 10.5 should work on your 3DS version 4.5. The cheap ones will cost roughly $10-$20, depending on which kind you get and from where.

Last edited by Lacius,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

If you have the option of buying a DSTwo, get one of those. It is guaranteed to work on all firmwares and you can use it to play SNES and GBA games at full speed. It isn't vital though as once you have an exploited 3DS you can also use emulators on it. Just a nice to have (and saves ordering an R4 and finding it doesn't work).

Temarile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have the option of buying a DSTwo, get one of those. It is guaranteed to work on all firmwares and you can use it to play SNES and GBA games at full speed. It isn't vital though as once you have an exploited 3DS you can also use emulators on it. Just a nice to have (and saves ordering an R4 and finding it doesn't work).
I've heard the DS TWO drains your battery even when you don't use it and it's in your DS. I don't really need to play SNES or GBA games. But thanks for the reply!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

One alternative (if you have a ds lite/phat) is to get bangai-o spirits DS (any region) and flash a mset rop installer to it.
It's still pretty cheap in most places and should arrive sooner than a (maybe) illegal chinese flashcard.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-development.360646/page-181#post-5456265

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.