NYXI Warrior Incoming!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NYXI just announced the GameCube controller I've been waiting a LONG time for 😍! I don't have time to post pics and stuff but some highlights.

* Compatible with GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch and PC
* All expected buttons for modern gaming
* Gyroscope
* HD Rumble
* Adjustable analog fucking triggers!!!
* Built in rechargable batteries
* Back paddles
* Black, Indigo and Spice variants available.

I'm in fucking LOVE!!! The only thing that would make this controller complete would be a silver option and NFC support.

https://nyxigame.com/products/wirel...04-1709641330-8534-p1&lan=en&stream_iup=iup_2

Last edited by LightyKD,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gulikit KK3 Max is my new controller of choice. Never did like the Gamecube (or it's controller design), and didn't buy any games for it until the Wii came out with backwards compatibility... and to this day, the only CG games I've played through were Switch remakes.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works with everything but Apple products. Thanks Apple, for being incredibly stupid about how to design Bluetooth to work appropriately. Same reason people complain about the new iPhone, Apple.

Wonder if I can force it to work on my MacBook Pro? Guess I'll find out in April. Huge GameCube fan, so if I can at least make this work on my GameCube I'm happy.

Reactions: LightyKD

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had me til I saw that dpad… fuck me running guys. WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO RECREATE THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER!?
I don't mind the D-Pad. I think it's going to be good for those quarter circle maneuvers in fighting games. If you want more standard but modern GameCube styled controllers then you should look up the PowerA and Hori offerings for Switch. They aren't as feature rich but the two are as close to the original GameCube pad as possible.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind the D-Pad. I think it's going to be good for those quarter circle maneuvers in fighting games. If you want more standard but modern GameCube styled controllers then you should look up the PowerA and Hori offerings for Switch. They aren't as feature rich but the two are as close to the original GameCube pad as possible.
Both also only have digital "triggers". Looking for something to use on my GC. This may be the best we'll get. Time will tell..

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both also only have digital "triggers". Looking for something to use on my GC. This may be the best we'll get. Time will tell..
Gotcha. Yes, sadly most modern offerings only have digital triggers. The analog triggers on the Warrior was a bright spot for me. I plan to buy one of these to use with my Steam Deck. Will be nice to FINALLY have a GameCube layout controller that also has rumble, gyro and analog triggers. Hopefully the M1 and M2 buttons can be used as additional buttons on PC and not just mappings of existing buttons.

Reactions: Kioku

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn’t mean they HAD to go with this does though. I may give it a try, but that price point is just… bad…
Price isn't bad. Considering that this controller can be used on 5 platforms natively. Also NYXI is giving away 5 dollars off 50+ codes like candy so that's a discount for ya.
Post automatically merged:

Couldn't resist, I pre ordered my Warrior. BTW try "GET5" when you check out for $5 dollars off. I'll let you folks know how well it goes, using it with my Steam Deck!

Last edited by LightyKD,

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got some more NYXI Warrior hype in my email this morning...

Screenshot_20240311-091136.png
Screenshot_20240311-091144.png

Screenshot_20240311-091150.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311-091150.png
    Screenshot_20240311-091150.png
    534.3 KB · Views: 10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol