Hacking NTSC TESTERS PLEASE: Alpha USB Loader with Ocarina and VideoMode

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
j.m.g.a said:
What if you could enter in a install/uninstall menu pressing reset?
Then you can install or unninstall using -/+ and leave the menu pressing B, out of the menu you could use left/right to scroll and -/+ to change language.

Good idea.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
anything can be possible...
Just wait for fishears and usptactical and the lot of others working the s*it out of the sources
biggrin.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
I WILL POST A VIDEO COMPARISON OF YOUR CODE AND BLUEBIRDS MODED 1 (just so you have some visual proof and i have some credibility when reporting this issue... in the source that bluebird made... it seems to have the key 2 force ntsc on ANY pal game not one has crashed NOT 1...currently uploading will edit this post soon
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Hi
Back again
No guarantees with this one (other than that it will not brick you).
I can't test it thoroughly because I'm PAL and I have no out of region titles.
What I really need is an NTSC user who was getting black and white when launching PAL games. Please would you press 1 to launch your PAL game and post your result here.
Thanks

that is exactly what was going on! the black and white ect when i played pal imma try this and edit the post
smile.gif
bbs gr8 work indeed! thanks so very much
smile.gif

EDIT: well this is by FAR the best one yet..works FINE with mario kart and smash bros PAL...... but when i force NTSC and then apply ocarina GCT on rogue troopers pal (i use a 3.2u console) it freezes at the green screen then i tried it WITHOUT cheats just forcing NTSC ONLY....same thing froze on the green screen HOWEVER! bluebird knows how to fix that
wink.gif
he made a loader that DOES load rogue troopers here is the wad of one hell of a good force NTSC build hope that it contains the info needed to make this work
smile.gif

whatever you guys are doing to force NTSC its NOT what bluebird did because his works a treat

here is a true forcing ntsc wad

http://www.mediafire.com/?cciinmrlgow

BlueBirds---> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=151872

Force NTSC wad channel of USB loader 1.1 ....

well keep up the great work this is already an impressive step in the proper direction!

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mellow.gif
Somewhere this topic went way over my head, but,

De Blob (PAL ISO) hangs at the loading screen regardless of which option is used.

Just for the hell of it, I also changed my Wii´s video output to PAL with any-region, and it did squat.

Too Tired. G´night.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
callmebob
If you just want to load those games with forced NTSC and NOT hang on the green screen try this channel version install it with wadmanager 1.3.1 for now...
http://www.mediafire.com/?cciinmrlgow

im sure they will work out the bugz in this build before long for a beta test version this is already very functional in concept its perfect! these guys are all very talented over here
tongue.gif

banchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fishears, thank you very much for your dol with language selection.
It's perfect ! I hope Waninkoko will add this option on the next update.

fishears

fishears
OP
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
banchan said:
fishears, thank you very much for your dol with language selection.
It's perfect ! I hope Waninkoko will add this option on the next update.

Wiishizzza has now pulled together the best of the changes into one loader - have a look for his thread - I'm glad to say all of my stuff is included
smile.gif

fishears

fishears
OP
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
gunslinger said:
did you use the geckoos source to realize the "Force option"? How did you do that?

No, the Force option is a mod of the USB Loader source by Waninkoko. Instead of checking the third character of the game id, we just force the video mode depending on what button the user presses.

gunslinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aha. Thanks; but this "Forcing".... I have Preloader hacks active (Force Region, WIi Games RegionFree etc.), but can't play my imports (ntsc) on my pal wii through usb loader (all versions/this mod, too!)...

fishears

fishears
OP
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
IMO, and it is just IMO, Preloader's Force hacks suck ass. I could NEVER get my NTSC Wii Music to work with cIOSCorp and Preloader. It boots just fine with USB Loader. I'd suggest you try at least disabling your preloader region hacks and give this another go...

Quartoxuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, fishears!

I have a PAL Wii and 2 NTSC games (MadWorld & Tatsunoko vs. Capcom). Sadly, if I use the force PAL option for both games, they stuck on a green screen - even if I choose their in-game language before. Would it be possible for you to make use of WiiPower's source files taken from his video mode patches for USB-Loader 1.1? (Eh, what a long question. And I even don't know if it is grammatical correct. ^^)
The "Force PAL480i" version of his USB-Loader 1.1 worked very fine for me to play those 2 NTSC games. You may ask now, why I just don't use his USB-Loader version then: It's because I don't want to give up your ocarina option. ^^

Quartoxuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gameshark said:
force ntsc and they will work
Yes, this way they will work, but only with red and black colours. I guess, it's because my TV doesn't support the NTSC video format.
cry.gif
But as I mentioned before: WiiPowers PAL version of his USB Loader edition works fine for me to play the 2 NTSC games - with all colours!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hi, fishears!

I have a PAL Wii and 2 NTSC games (MadWorld & Tatsunoko vs. Capcom). Sadly, if I use the force PAL option for both games, they stuck on a green screen - even if I choose their in-game language before. Would it be possible for you to make use of WiiPower's source files taken from his video mode patches for USB-Loader 1.1? (Eh, what a long question. And I even don't know if it is grammatical correct. ^^)
The "Force PAL480i" version of his USB-Loader 1.1 worked very fine for me to play those 2 NTSC games. You may ask now, why I just don't use his USB-Loader version then: It's because I don't want to give up your ocarina option. ^^

thats exactly what i mean by NONE OF THESE actually FORCE NTSC or FORCE PAL properly ONLY bluebird12 has made a loader that actually does that
and it cannot have occarina support it seems and be forcing NTSC on a PAL game like rogue troopers...OR Forcing PAL on Tutsunococ vs Capcom

NOT EVERYONE HAS HIGH DEF TV's OBVIOUSLY THIS NEEDS TO BE TOOK INTO CONSIDERATION and IS THE MOST NEGLECTED BUG IN ALL OF THE LOADER IT IS ALSO WHY PEOPLE KEEP COMING BACK WITH "this shit dont work" its more like the people making it arent listening...there IS A CONFLICT IN CODE do i know where fuck no im not a coder am i? but the fact remains that ocarina and forcing rehgion on a non High Def tv gives errors and that does not HAVE to be the case being bluebirds CAN force PAL and CAN force NTSC PROPERLY do you guys listen at all? its frustrating to watch and not be able to help with this as i am normally a "do it yourselfer" THIS IS NOT^ a matter of "did you research.google or read the read me file" its a matter of "are you fucking listening to me? i know you hear me...but are you fucking listening? ya know" not to come of as a prick because im not normally ask around....but i feel like i am talking to a child of the age of 4....you know when you talk to a kid and whatever you say to them...they respond with no acknowledgment at all

There is a problem with forcing NTSC and PAL with occarina

test it out PAL users try this:

boot tutsunoco vs capcom with a wiipower based FORCE PAL ONLY build of usbloader 1.1 YOU WILL SEE THE GAME DOES WORK IN COLOR ON A NON HIGH DEF TV.....

test it out for NTSC

put in Rogue Troopers on the usb then try to load it with a build of usb loader 1.1 with FORCE NTSC ONLY

OBVIOUSLY this has some damn thing to do with the problem when adding ocarina to the source code...maybe before we add a "bigger list" or "more lang" we shoiuld get region forcing to actually work rather than be in denile that the issue exist BECAUSE IT SURE AS FUCK DOES EXIST...

im tired of reading all these and imma just wait for an update by:
\
wiishizza when his is done
wiigator
waninkoko
bluebird

or forget about this project all together for a month or so....because you sure arent listening to the users posting in ALL THESE MANY THREADZ......at least acknowledged there is an issue?! not just say "hey it worked for me so it must be working" people are setup differently (hitgh def tv normal tv ect) and gamma can cater to all these so it stands to reason there is something wrong with the USBloader code and adding ocarina huh?

sincerely hoping, a very frustrated red head....(why cant you guys at least acknowledge the issue when i have pleaded been polite to this post and supportive i posted videos hung out and tested for 3 days strait...at least acknowledge that the issue has some validity....

BEFORE ANYONJE DROPS ANOTHER WORTHLESS BUILD why not test PAL version of Rogue Troopers on a NTSC console....AND test Tutsonoco vs capcom on a PAL system forcing NTSC...BOTH WITH and WITHOUT occarina on a NON HIGH DEF TV....then you can witness tyhe damn bug yourself! as if this video didnt show you anyways but

WHY POST 100 USB LOADER THREADZ when you can get 2 good beta testers...work it out...and move on

YOU NEED A PAL and NTSC beta tester to try these on NON highdef tvs to know if the force works...because bluebirds version prooves it can be done...but adding ocarina is infact the issue at hand (i would beta test for NTSC no prob... privatley even because all these threadz are just crazt when all you need is a PAL beta tester (Mr.Tea would do it he wants to plat T vs C with occarina) and a NTSC one with rogue troopers...to test this....(like me or who cares as long as you realize that it needs to be addressed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZNWfUNLI-A

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or most surround sound receivers are 3 HDMI in, one HDMI out to tv, and you can select which hdmi in
    you want on the receiver.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment +1