Hacking Discussion [NSP] is greater than [XCI]

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“...Judging by the other thread you have baffoons downloading hundreds of titles, such an access change and bandwidth spike would be a red flag to notice and immediately fix.”

Yes, It’s all my fault that these “baffoons” are downloading great quantities of software from Nintendo and I am the cause for a red flag. This is happening regardless, I mean come on let’s be real.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, It’s all my fault that these “baffoons” are downloading great quantities of software from Nintendo and I am the cause for a red flag. This is happening regardless, I mean come on let’s be real.

No? That wasn't directed at you at all. I was saying *they* were doing something really stupid, not you.

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i didnt purchase it, just a download and install through dev
Just to confirm on the main screen of BotW your Ver. 1.5.0 & DLC Ver 3.0? I don't want any of my saves or progress to get messed up if I do this so I can unlink my account and still be able to access the DLC. When I unlinked my account when I loaded my game after a week it did not say DLC purchased and I had to relink the account and update the game again on OFW for it to see that I did have the DLC.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No? That wasn't directed at you at all. I was saying *they* were doing something really stupid, not you.

Understood. Thing is, nothing will prevent this from happening at the moment. People can and are taking advantage of the opportunity. Sure it will get patched eventually so until then, the wolves are being fed.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood. Thing is, nothing will prevent this from happening at the moment. People can and are taking advantage of the opportunity. Sure it will get patched eventually so until then, the wolves are being fed.

The more things like this are exploited, the faster they get fixed. /shrug

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The only reason why i'm not using CDNSP is because i really do NOT want to get CDN banned. It does, however, make it harder to find NSP format games since most of the ones you find around the net are in XCI format and so far(to my knowledge) there is no way to convert between them

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason why i'm not using CDNSP is because i really do NOT want to get CDN banned. It does, however, make it harder to find NSP format games since most of the ones you find around the net are in XCI format and so far(to my knowledge) there is no way to convert between them

If you don't use your own cert, you wont get CDN banned "burned" AKA complete online access revoked.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you don't use your own cert, you wont get CDN banned "burned" AKA complete online access revoked.

Yeah i heard that there was a list of banned certs floating around online but as of right now i am unable to find it. I have managed to track down a couple of NSP format games and i have already installed them onto my Switch but the big ones that i really want i can only find in XCI format. Hopefully i can track down the banned certs list and use one of those. Hopefully

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tickets are generated by/for the banned cert and remain on your system, so they can track you around attempts to hide CDN fishing behind other certs.

They know who downloads what, and they can figure out where stuff came from if push came to shove.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i heard that there was a list of banned certs floating around online but as of right now i am unable to find it. I have managed to track down a couple of NSP format games and i have already installed them onto my Switch but the big ones that i really want i can only find in XCI format. Hopefully i can track down the banned certs list and use one of those. Hopefully

You need a cert that is *not* banned to use cdnsp.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want you to elaborate on this point. What do you mean?

1) Boot into SX OS via RCM.
2) Use FTPd to transfer an XCI or NSP to your SD Card. (Yes, its a little slow, but you don't have to remove the SD Card)
3) If you transferred an NSP, install it via DevMenu, then delete the NSP from the root of the SD Card after installing it. (Use NX-Shell or FTPd to do this. NX-Shell is a homebrew app so you can manage contents of the SD Card directly from the switch without using an FTP client on a computer.
4) Load XCI via SX OS Loader Menu or select an installed NSP game and play.
5) If you want to put something new on your SD Card, launch FTPd again and repeat the process starting with Step 2. No rebooting required (because no removal of SD Card)

Last edited by morrison22,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4